As my Mom approaches almost 3 months since having her surgery, almost 3 months of home health care visits and doctor's visits and everything else that comes with waiting for healing, it's challenging to not grow impatient.
"Please, LORD, heal her quickly!" Of course God's timing is not ours, and His grace is sufficient. These words from John Flavel in his very helpful book, Facing Grief, are a perfect reminder to wait on the LORD and not grow weary and impatient.
"Surely the Lord of time is the best judge of time; and in nothing do we more discover our folly and rashness, than in presuming to fix the times either of our comforts or our troubles. As for our comforts, we never think they can come too soon; we would have them presently, whether the season be fit or not, as Numbers 12:13, 'Heal her now, O God'; Oh, let it be done speedily. We are in post-haste for our comforts, but as for our afflictions, we never think they come late enough; not at this time, Lord; rather at any other time than now.
But it is good to leave the timing both of the one and the other to Him, whose works are all beautiful in their seasons, and who never does any thing in an improper time."
Making Your Home an Oasis
3 years ago
If there is one thing God is teaching me during this time of
ReplyDeletehealing is PATIENCE. I'm a slow
learner, I'm afraid. The healing
is VERY SLOW per the nurse this
morning. Will I ever get out to
N.M. In God's timing, not mine.!!
HUGS,
memaw
Still praying for healing and also for your hearts not to be saddened or heavy during the process of healing. One thing I have learned with all that is happening with Brandon's hip is if I would have had it my way it would have never even happened-sigh! But, God has something great in even this time to teach me or Brandon or both of us, a time for us to grow stronger in him, leaning on His strength and mercy. I grow impatient very easily when it comes to things like this because it is in my very nature to be a "fixer" I want everything the way it should be today (the truth be told yesterday ha!) I don't wait very well. Praying for you sweet friend and for Memaw too :)
ReplyDeleteHugs
Jill
Oh my heart goes out to you BOTH! Will continue to pray for healing so your mom can get out here SOON!
ReplyDeleteLove to you.