It's been almost two years ago since I rushed to Virginia to see my Dad before he died. He had never met Jedediah, so my sense of urgency to just get to the hospital was overwhelming. I remember trying to contain myself as I waltzed pass the nurses' station into his room. (I knew they'd be coming after me.)
That first meeting was brief, but brief was better than nothing. Jedediah touched my Dad's arm, and that was good. A connection had been made, and though he won't remember it, the story is part of him.
My Mama's here now, and she's held Elijah for the first time, and he's wrapped his younger, tinier fingers around her older, fragile ones. One generation grasping another.
"Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children."
~Alex Haley





Your Mom is so pretty Trisha. She looks like she has the sweetest spirit. I'm glad she is there with ya'll.
ReplyDeleteElijah looks just like Ink in the picture where he's looking at you taking his picture. Beautiful pictures!
ReplyDeleteI know that this is deep and satisfying delight in your soul./THB
ReplyDeleteJust lovely. I am so happy that she's there.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! Enjoy her, I know she will enjoy you all. Thanx for sharing the pix. How lovely!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful. And what a magical quote. :)
ReplyDeleteYippee!! Your Mama is there!!! Enjoy these precious, precious days my sweet friend!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Camille
Precious!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely time <3
I am rejoicing that your Mama is with you all. Praying for wonderful memories to be made and hearts to be filled to overflowing!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful pictures! Certainly ones to be treasured!! :)
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! Love the pictures!
ReplyDelete