Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Prayers for Mountain Man, Please

Mountain Man has been battling balance issues for the past few days.  He was finally able to return to work today, only to be sent to the ER because a physician was concerned he had had a stroke.

Evidently, the combo of meds he's been told to take in addition to the motion sickness medicine he started taking on Monday have severely raised his blood pressure.

The doctor described him as a "very sick man" who has an uncommon combination of sicknesses.

~bacterial infection
~viral infection
~some form of pertussis
~rotavirus
~something in his lung
~flu

AND

because of the body fighting all of these things, he's developed an inner ear infection.  This isn't an easy thing to clear up.

So, please pray for healing.  It's one thing to have one of these and recover, but Mountain Man has been assaulted from every direction, and his body is very tired.

The doctor said most people fighting such a combination of things would have ended up in the hospital by now because it's so much for the body to take.  We're thanking God for His many mercies and the endless ways He has protected Mountain Man thus far.

7 comments:

  1. We're praying for you all but will especially pray for MM. I know this is hard on you all and that he must be weary beyond understanding. We'll keep praying and trust God to heal him in His timing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief! Sounds like the devil went through the line of current illnesses going around,and said, "Let's give this fine Christian Man one of each!" What a tower of strength me must be to continue to attempt to go to work with all that! Whew! Will keep you all in our prayers!
    Love,
    Cousin Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dear Friend,

    We've gotten the rotovirus here too! So far everyone got it but me so I'm sorry I haven't commented in a while. We are and have been praying for your whole family; as we couldn't imagine having the stomach flu and a horrible cold! We will be praying for Mountain Man especially!!! Praise the Lord for His protection, and we will be praying for complete healing!

    Love to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry Ben has been so sick.
    Don't know how he ever drove the
    distance to and from work. He's
    definitely in my prayers. All of
    you are in my prayers that God
    will heal each of you completely.
    HUGS
    mom/memaw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Trisha...I am sooo sorry to read this!! I had no idea Ben was so sick!! That is so challenging to try to do the things you need to do when you aren't feeling well...you guys must be exhausted!! I have been praying for you but can be a little more specific in my prayers now. i hope he starts improving and getting some relief quickly. Hang in there sweet family!!
    Love you guys!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness! I will be praying for him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness... Benjie, I knew you were sick,, but not this bad.. you and the family are always in my prayers.. will say a few extra prayers for your complete healing. sure hope you feel better soon!!!Love to all... Mom

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...