Monday, March 4, 2013

6 Months


Six months old.

That's what Elijah is today.

He's not consistently rolling over, and the little man can't sit up by himself. In other words, he's not conforming to those milestone standards devised by childless pediatricians.

Now if he were my first baby, I would have already called the doctor and thumbed through baby books and searched the internet. I would have imagined one thousand reasons as to why he wasn't progressing like "normal."  Instead, I've only considered a few.

This chunky-hunk-of-love seems to be my easiest baby of all. He falls asleep on his own. He only cries when he's tired or hungry or, on rare occasions, when he wants to be held (rare because he's usually being held).

He eats well and sleeps well. He's happy.

So my first thought for his "delay" is simply that God is being kind to me, you know, stretching out what could be my final moments of this season of motherhood. When you're a brand new Mama, you can't wait to watch the show unfold before your eyes. But, when you've been there a few times, or you're keenly aware you might not be there again, you're delighted to take things slowly.

My Mom still hasn't held this little guy, but I'm hoping and praying that will change in April. In the meantime, I'm thankful for every grin and laugh and coo and diaper change and....

And I love that his siblings are still crazy about him.

Happy 6 months, Sarge!

The day after the birth (of my granddaughter) I was in the grocery store getting some vegetables and grains for the family. There were several mothers shopping up and down the aisles with young children in tow--many of them snarling and snapping at the over-lively, curiosity-filled, wildly energetic kids. I wanted to grab the mothers, embrace them, tell them, "Do you realize what you have done? You have given birth to a child, a child--this miracle, this wonder, this glory."
~Eugene Peterson


With love,
Trisha

10 comments:

  1. : ) : ) : ) That is what we do every time you post this handsome boy's pictures- we all smile! My Mom loves these baby pictures you share. Thank you! And happy Six Months Elijah! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Faith. You make me smile every time you visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elijah, tthe darling boy, has already worked out that he doesn't need to let his feet touch the ground with so many admirers! Gorgeous baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Ruby, I think you're right. Although, wouldn't you know, we got him to sit up a bit tonight. LOL! It's the cutest picture. Can't wait to share it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 6 months Elijah! He is such a handsome little guy. Titus isn't meeting milestones either. He is eight months now and isn't crawling or scooting, and still can't get himself into sitting position on his own. I'm not worried either though, God knows what He's doing! :) Love that quote you shared at the end :) I need to remember that more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're not stressing about it, Hollie, and I LOVE your profile pic. Corey never fit into the weight guidelines, and I remember getting so worried. Look at him now...I literally look UP to him. LOL! Love you!

      Delete
  6. precious, precious...continue to just soak in every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little Elijah...words escape me. Hold tightly to these precious moments and give him a big kiss from me. :O)
    Love you~
    Oh, yes, the quote is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continue to enjoy every precious moment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy six months to Sarge! How quickly the time passes!! I remember our Calvin taking his time in such milestones. He was about 16 months before he walked consistently. He was running at 17 months!! He's perfectly fine. Isn't it wonderful to know that God's ways are best? Rest in that, my sweet friend...and, yes...enjoy these precious, precious days!! :)

    Love to you!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...