"Last night thousands of people entered eternity. Heart monitors flat-lined. Lungs ceased pulling in air. Brains that were once incredibly active went silent.
Yet today I live. Through the night my lungs continued to suck air, and my heart continued to push blood through my body. God gave me yet another day to serve Him, enjoy my family, watch a movie, drink coffee, play football, laugh with friends, and read a good book. I have one more day to prepare for eternity, one more day to store up treasures for that final day."
~Stephen Altrogge, The Greener Grass Conspiracy
******
Ok. So, I won't be using another day to play football or drink coffee, but I will use it to study God's Word and read it to my family, to cook and bake, to discipline little hearts and comfort them, to drink tea and eat chocolate, to look my children in the eyes...so soak up and delight in the "glory of the ordinary." Even in the midst of health and financial concerns, of uncertainty about what seems like so many things, I can rejoice in God's goodness and mercy, in the great wonder that He has redeemed me that I might glorify and enjoy Him forever. Truly, this makes for a beautiful life.










Yes! My sweet, sweet friend...YES! Love you. XO
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Trisha! <3
ReplyDeleteI love the sweet moments you capture here. It is in those moments that we live, enjoy and remember how very wonderful our lives are ♥
ReplyDelete~Cinnamon
Just beautiful, I love the ordinary too!
ReplyDelete