Monday, February 17, 2014

Five Things

Our Clairesy is 5 today. 5.

Life today will include omelets for breakfast, pizza for dinner, and a vanilla cream cake fancied up to make a princess quite happy.



Yesterday at breakfast when we were talking about Clairesy's birthday being just a day away, I mentioned that this year there would be no gifts for birthdays, but we would have cake and special food for her special day. She just looked up at me with a smile, nodded her head, and said, "Oh, ok."

Yeah. That's the kind of sweetie she is.

But, of course, there will be gifts for Clairesy!

And just what do we love about our little girl?

1) She is a bundle of joy and full of laughter, scattering smiles wherever she goes.

2) She asks me every Sunday, "May I go with you wherever you go?"

3) She loves nurturing her baby brothers.

4) She's funny, as demonstrated yesterday when she shared with us the "point" of our pastor's sermon on Matthew 18: 1-9, "I know the point! You're to cut off the rest of your body."

5) She's creative and can make a bountiful time of play with the everyday things around her.

Happy 5th birthday, Cutie-Pie! We love you and thank God for you!


7 comments:

  1. So sweet! (You know I have a son who is turning 5 in April. We could make some "arrangements" ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are going to have a fun and sweet day altogether. Much love from all the Pliegos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Becky! Your birthday wishes and your love are a blessing!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday, Clairesy! I remember meeting you on your mom's blog a few years back. You were maybe two and proudly holding Betsy. Not only did I admire your courageous cuteness but also your mom's special way of delegating chores. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...