Scribe is progressing each day, and he's been able to greatly reduce his pain meds.
The installation ceremony for our new Pastor was this past Sunday.
****
Jedediah turns 4 months old this Saturday! He's such a cutie. The children had fun giving him the cowboy look the other day.
Below: He contemplates the life of having so many older sisters.
Yes, he rarely has a moment to himself, but overall, he seems to really love all the "sister love."
Here Elisabeth and Claire share with him hints on how to treat a sister.
"And you give her hugs everyday and tell her how lovely she is. Open the door for her and be sure to let her pick the biggest cookie."
***
Do you know how old I am? I thought I did, but I learned differently after hearing this conversation between Ella and Elisabeth.
Ella: "Yeeeeess, Elisabeth, 5 is older than 3."
Elisabeth: " Nooooooooo."
Ella: " Yes, it is!"
Elisabeth: "No! Mommy twee."
Ella: "No, she's not three! (pause, drumroll) She's 18!
Don't you remember when Mommy and Daddy got married? They had a party."
Elisabeth: " Ohhhhhh"
Wow. I'm 18, and our 5th and 6th children were present at our wedding. You really do learn something new everyday.
****
A recent British study suggests that if you're over 52, you're probably grumpy. A poll of 2000 Britons found that those over 50 laugh much less than their younger counterparts. Infants laugh up to 300x a day and teenagers only about 6x a day. Those over 60 enjoy about 2 chuckles a day. Men tended to be grumpier than women.
I'm still far off from facing such a problem, but here are a few jokes to help you increase your laugh quotient, in case you're one of those who can't seem to find much that's funny in your days. Of course, my best tip for more laughter is to have lots of children in the house. :)
A Sunday school teacher asked her children, as they were on the way to church service, "And why is it necessary to be quiet in church?" One bright little girl replied,"Because people are
sleeping."
sleeping."
***
Six-year-old Angie and her four-year-old brother Joel were sitting together in church. Joel giggled, sang, and talked out loud. Finally, his big sister had had enough. "You're not supposed to talk out loud in church." "Why? Who's going to stop me?" Joel asked.
Angie pointed to the back of the church and said, "See those two men standing by the door? They're hushers."
Angie pointed to the back of the church and said, "See those two men standing by the door? They're hushers."
***
A wife invited some people to dinner. At the table, she turned to their six-year-old daughter and said, "Would you like to say the blessing?" "I wouldn't know what to say," the girl replied. "Just say what you hear Mommy say," the wife answered. The daughter bowed her head and said, "Lord, why on earth did I invite all these people to dinner?"
***
Lastly, no matter what you're facing, remember these encouraging words from J.C. Ryle...
What a mine of daily comfort there is in the thought—that we have an Advocate with the Father, who never slumbers or sleeps, whose eye is always upon us, who is continually pleading our cause and obtaining fresh supplies of grace for us, who watches over us in every company and place; and never forgets us, though we, in going to and fro, and doing our daily business, cannot always think of Him.
We have a great High Priest in heaven, who can be touched with the feeling of our infirmities, and who bids us pour out our hearts before Him, and come to Him for grace to help in time of need.
Have a beautiful rest of the week!
With love,




Wonderful smiles from your post today. We continue to pray for all of you and look forward to hearing how God blesses each of you during this time. I would write more, but I'm not sure that your young 18 year old mind would find my old lady stuff interesting. haha HUGS!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures. Hard copies,
ReplyDeleteMaybe???? I had to laugh as I
read the jokes. I don't think
there are too many jokes around here. Love all the POFFS and miss
you so much.
HUGS,
memaw