Sunday, October 31, 2010

Weekly Rewind 10/24-10/30/10

We thought cooler weather was here to stay, so we turned on the heater this week.  However, the past few days have been much warmer.  No complaints, though.  The men were able to enjoy tossing the football around a bit later this afternoon, and the colors of autumn are all around us.

Wednesday, Whistler and I went to town for a book study date as well as for my appointment with the dermatologist.  The doctor had to freeze three places on my face, so I appreciate your prayers that the treatment has taken care of any cancer and future cutting won't be necessary.  One of the places is at the outside corner of my eye....can't comprehend having surgery there, but the doctor did say it's not an uncommon area for skin cancer.  I'll return for a follow-up in January.

We tackled in record time changing out our spring/summer clothes for autumn/winter.  That's no small task for so many of us, and I'm thankful most of it is DONE. :)

Scribe is doing well, but I think we're learning to accept that pain will be his companion for quite some time.  His attitude is wonderful, though, and I'm so thankful for his gracious spirit, enduring this without any complaining.  And, really, I mean NO complaining.  How wonderful is the grace of God!

Jedediah is growing and starting to move (rolling over).  The bed is no longer a safe haven, and I'm determined he won't join the rest of the Poff children in falling off of our bed.:)

Our sweet Whistler turns 10 tomorrow!  We're excited about making the day special, and we're thankful we were able to celebrate last night with our dear friends and their children.


Here's a picture of Whistler's favorite way to have Cap'n near her when she's unloading the dishwasher.  He lasts here about 1 minute.


The girls are amazed at Mountain Man's fancy cooking creation.

Sweet Boo gets little sister to sleep.


Have a wonderful week full of rejoicing over God's goodness and mercy!

Love,

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Dear Whistler!! I am still praying for less pain, Scribe!
    The pictures are great, as always. I love seeing older siblings with the younger ones asleep with them. :)
    Love,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to my Favorite Whistler!!! Hope you are enjoying a lovely day with your family. You are growing up WAY too fast!!
    Still praying that Scribe will have less pain!!
    Boo, you are a wonderful big sister! The picture is so priceless!!

    Much love to you all and I hope we can get together for cards, chess, and whatever card/board games we can think of!

    Blessings to your wonderful family, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMMA NICOLE. Hope
    you will have a great birthday.
    Love the pictures, as always.
    Can't believe how big Jedediah is
    getting.Thanks for the post, Trisha.
    LOVE and Lots of Hugs,
    memaw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, happy birthday to your little Whistler! Trisha, your home seems such a happy and peaceful place. It's heartwarming to get to peek into your life from over here. Oh to sit with you in your home and sip on a cup of hot tea and just talk...and just take it all in...I still got me some dreams, sister!

    Love you!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...