This was a big hit last year. And it's a good thing I wrote next to the recipe, "Christmas 2011-big hit," or I might not have remembered it. I wish I had a picture for you, but since I don't, just imagine something that looks like homemade cranberry sauce. :)
Cranberry Maple Sauce
Makes about 2-1/2 cups
This sauce can be made up to 2 weeks ahead. The maple flavor will be subtle, so if you want to give it a boost, use the maple extract.
One 12 ounce package fresh cranberries
3/4 c. pure maple syrup, preferably Grade B
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. maple extract (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the cranberries have popped and the juices have thickened to a light syrup consistency, about 10 minutes. Cool completely. Serve chilled or at room temperature. If making ahead, simply cover and refrigerate.
~from Christmas 101 by Rick Rodgers
With love,
Trisha
Making Your Home an Oasis
3 years ago
So good! :)
ReplyDelete