Friday, October 9, 2009

Crockpot Potato Chowder


I hadn't intended on posting more than one chowder recipe, but it is that time of year!

My family loves potato soup, so I've been looking for a more slow-cooker friendly version that I can take to fellowship meals at church. So, I tried this recipe out the other night, and it was a big hit. While this isn't a thick soup, my family absolutely loved it! I loved it because it's so easy and doesn't take long at all.


Crockpot Potato Chowder

8 c. diced potatoes (I also peeled them....)
1/3 c. onion, chopped
3 (14-1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (10-3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled (Real bacon bits worked just fine)
chives

Combine potatoes, onion, broth, and cream of chicken soup in crock pot. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender. Add cream cheese and blend. Top with bacon and chives before serving.

(Just whisk the cream cheese in at the end of the cooking time until thoroughly blended.)

4 comments:

  1. I finally managed to copy this recipe. I look forward to making it once I'm up and around. Thanks for sharing it.
    Love and Prayers,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Poff Clan,
    Thank you for sharing this recipe.Looks delish!
    Love,
    Sister, and Aunt C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love potato soup so I printed out the recipe will will definitely make it. Thanks, Trish.
    Love,
    Auntie Marian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these recipes... the potato soup is a little different from the wat I fix mine but,, will try this one and also the Corn Chowder.. love to all of you...Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...