Little Big Man has officially been taking guitar lessons for less than 4 months. (For a bit before that, Mountain Man was teaching him some basics on the guitar.) We're so proud of him for taking his lessons seriously and working hard. Being a lefty, he's had to adjust to playing right-handed, and we're amazed at how easily he's adapted. Our initial $60.00 investment for a used guitar has been well worth it, and now Little Big Man is saving up for a much nicer, better sounding instrument. Here he is playing Estudio in E Minor (and he says to remind the grandparents he'll sound even better when he gets his new guitar....)
Making Your Home an Oasis
3 years ago
Very nice! Keep up the good work. Hopefully the musical Poffs will share their gifts with us at church soon (like very soon when the A family won't be there). :-)
ReplyDeleteGood job Little Big Man. I'm so proud of you. It's amazing that you had to adjust to playing right handed and doing such a good job. Keep up the good work. How much does the guitar cost that you are wanting to buy?? Just curious.
ReplyDeleteHUGS,
Memaw
Little Big Man, you did an awesome job. I'm so proud of you and I hope to hear you play again real soon. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteLove, Auntie Marian
He did a beautiful job. It's amazing how well us leftys can adapt when we need to. He has some real talent there. I know you're proud!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Cousin Patty
Hi Patty,
ReplyDeleteAh, so you, too, are a lefty! My Dad, from the time Jake was born, kept saying, "He's gonna be a lefty." (because my Dad is, too!) Sure enough, he's our only lefty so far. We were advised not to buy him a special left-handed guitar but to just have him adjust to playing a right-handed one. I'm simply amazed at how easily he took to it. Great to hear from you! Love you!
I didn't even realize until well into adulthood just how many things I do right-handed. It just came naturally sometimes. I have to eat and write with my left hand - and crochet because you hold the hook sort of like you're writing. To learn the stitches, I had to turn the book upside down. Sometimes it's a challenge, but we do adapt.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Patty
Little Big Man,
ReplyDeleteYou play so beautifully! I could listen to you for hours on end!
I really felt your music deep into my heart. Thank you.
Love,
Aunt C
JAKE!!!! ah i'm so proud of him!!!! i miss yall so much!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful peice, Little Big Man!!! I loved it. Thanks so much for letting Queen Momma post it. :) When y'all come visit, we will have to try to figure out some little duet or something. that would be fun!! :) Course, I want to hear you play more. :) Keep up the good work. :)Love that smile at the end!!
ReplyDelete