I did the unthinkable and actually used a cake mix for her sweet cake, as well as, gasp!, a can of Duncan Hines frosting! Dinner was spaghetti with homemade crescent rolls (a new recipe I tried which is so delicious, and I'll post later. It worked for even a poor baker such as myself!). There were 2 toys and a new book. The results....a happy, stress-free celebration with much laughter.
Claire especially loved the ballons that Scribe filled with helium for her. She was truly in wonder over it all.
Scribe did a pre-celebration mini-photo shoot with the birthday girl. You know, just to make us smile.
As we started to open gifts, Claire still couldn't get over the balloons all around her. Oh, to take such joy in the simple things..
Claire had no problem tearing into the wrapping paper...with a bit of help from Daddy.
She was so enamoured with this book....It's Time to Sleep My Love. (which I think has a bit of a silly ending, but the pictures are quite captivating.)
We then moved on to a fun bathtub toy.
And the favorite of all and highly recommended for the large family that has everything :), Tumble n' Twirl Top by Playskool.
We made our traditional birthday sign...a birthday card gone LARGE!
Then it was time for cake! Claire had miniature vanilla double layer cake with vanilla frosting.
She quickly caught on that the singing was all for her.
After cutting into the cake....it was TIME...time to watch the wonder of diving into the normally forbidden..to have everyone laugh as you take each bite, to carelessly smear frosting and cake anywhere you wish.
***Warning....there are LOTS of pictures to follow. It's just what the grandparents love, though, so here we go!
And then, certain older children thought it necessary to help Claire out a bit with cake on the face. Lest you think that was cruel, she was quite the sport, didn't get upset at all, and instead just enjoyed the moment and the extra icing.
Happy Birthday, Claire. You've brought us so much joy this past year, and we thank God for the honor of being your family.
What a joyous celebration for a beautiful little girl. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLove to all,
Patty
Yeah! Happy Birthday Claire! I am glad you guys had a great time and that you didn't go too fancy and not enjoy it. :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
RLH
NO WAY!! She is *not* one year old already, is she?!?
ReplyDeleteLittle Claire Jubilee, you live up to your name. Love, love, love you!
Oops, the above comment was from me, Medora. Sorry about that.
ReplyDeleteAwwww!! How cute! I was thinking about her yesterday. =) I must say, Mandy, who turned 1 last Monday, didn't get a celebration quite like Claire's. =D The pictures were so cute! I especially loved the last one. She is just a sweet baby! I can't wait to watch her grow up into a beautiful young lady.....definitely not too quickly though....I like the baby stage JUST great! =D
ReplyDeleteAwesome pictures and post!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us! Claire is such a piece of sunshine...you have done a great job with those youngins!! :)
ReplyDeleteI just love the pictures!!!!!!! looks like she had a WONDERFUL Birthday... give her a BIG HUG from me... love to all......,,,Granma
ReplyDeleteGlad Claire had such a nice first
ReplyDeletebirthday. Scribe, the pictures are beautiful. I love seeing pictures of ALL of you. The cake looked
delicious, Queen Mom. Thanks for sharing. I love all of you and can't wait to see you in person.
Looking forward to lots of fun.
HUGS,
memaw
Thank you for sharing pictures of Claire Jubilee's 1st birthday photos. I Love the pictures of Claire with cake on her face.
ReplyDeleteI just want to reach into the computer and kiss that beautiful face!
Love,
Aunt C
Happy Birthday, Dear Little One! Time goes too quickly, but what fun the ride is. Trisha, I am so very proud of you for going simple. Why don't we do that more often and ENJOY the moment rather than being exhausted when it gets here. Take care of yourselves and enjoy the day after as well.
ReplyDeleteHappy, happy birthday dear, sweet Claire! I ditto Prairie Momma's comment that I'm proud of you for going simple and enjoying every minute! I know Claire and all had a great time and that no one thought it seemed "simple" at the moment. What treasured moments you are creating with your sweet family. Thanks for letting us "ride" along with you through these posts. Hugs!
ReplyDelete