Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010


This Mama loves to make Valentine's Day a special day at our home.  Whistler helped out this year as she made her first candy molds.  I was so proud of her because, using a toothpick to paint in the details, the task was a tiresome one.  Not one complaint, though, and she did such a beautiful job.


She also made these lovely bookmarks for her friends....


Everyone woke up to a beautiful table and a delicious breakfast...sausage and cheese frittatas, heart-shaped buttermilk biscuits, and strawberry-orange smoothies.




There were special treats waiting on each person's plate.


Floating candles and flower petals made the table quite inviting...



The happy faces were the best gifts of all.


We hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day remembering the amazing love of God and the blessings of family and friends.

Love,

7 comments:

  1. Great job Emma...and Mama :) the Poff kids will have those memories forever!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looked beautiful. What a great job Queen Mom for thinking of all the beauiful things. Emma, you did an excellent job with the candy molds. The bookmarks were beautiful. I'm sure everyone enjoyed breakfast. Luke is growing up.!!! He looks so grown up. My little Elisabeth is as cute as she can be, and Emma you're growing into a beautiful young lady. The flowers were beautiful. What a nice day each of you must have had.
    HUGS,
    memaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Emma, I love the candy molds, and bookmarks. What a beautifully set table. The food Queen Mom served looks scrumptious.
    Queen Mom, you are such an inspiration...Your love for your family was interpreted in such a beautiful way. I am sure St. Valentine's Day was special for everyone in the Poff Clan!
    Love,
    Aunt, and Sister C

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like another happy day in the Poff home! the smoothies especially sound so yummy! (are you sharing the recipe?)

    Emma, you did a lovely job on the suckers and bookmarks!! Way to go girl! I'm sure your family and friends will enjoy your beautiful work =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how precious! I closed my eyes and imagined waking up to such a delightful table. Wonderful! I've got to work harder and making the times more special. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll be watching for the recipes to be posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tina!
    It's great to hear from you.:) The recipes for the biscuits and frittatas are already posted under recipes, and the smoothie is so simple....frozen strawberries blended with orange juice. Enjoy making those moments special for your Littles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Caity, I think you'll be disappointed in the complexity or lack thereof of my "smoothie." It's just frozen strawberries and oj...my favorite pick-me-up. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...