Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Weekly Rewind 1/24-1/30/10

Last week we were so blessed to have Mountain Man home 3 out of 5 workdays! How thankful we are that he can do work from home when the weather gets bad.

The children enjoyed playing in the wonderful snow God gave us, and we're all healthy.

~It's been a busy week for Claire.  She started impressing us with her squatting-to-standing abilities and has turned into quite the climber, making me especially thankful we don't have stairs.  She also finally cut her first tooth, and none of us lost any sleep over it.:)

~Whistler and Reaches Up were given the fun (well, I thought it was) assignment of narrating the story of King Stephen, one of the Norman monarchs, with Legos.  Reaches Up was the architect, and Whistler was the builder. 

~I'm on a bit of a binder making spree, and I had fun designing a new Home Management Binder.  I've discovered the wonderful world of scrapbooking paper and using pictures from my books.  When it's pretty, I want to use it. 

~This is how Little Bit came out of her room the morning we got the big snow....adorned in her snow boots (thank you Rue and Judith!).  She was READY.

~"Did someone say SNOW?"


~Here's the road just across from our house that the children enjoyed sledding down.




~Mountain Man actually joined in the fun later, taking on Little Big Man, Scribe, and their friend from next door.  Three on one, and they still couldn't take him down.  Of course, they had lots of fun trying.


~I redesigned our Ebenezer box, using a container I've been wondering what to do with for some time.  I was going to give it away, but it's so pretty and goes so well with our decor.  Then, I realized it makes the perfect Ebenezer Box.  It's bigger and much sturdier, especially since we have precious Little Hands that like to touch everything. :)

~I love words.  I love to read them, write them, and surround myself with them.  You'll find lots of words on the walls of our home.  I was so excited to finally try out these wall words.  The quote above was quite the headache to put on our textured walls, but Mountain Man and Scribe did it so patiently.  I had a beautiful one of Psalm 34:3 that I had purchased over the holidays from Vision Forum.  It was the one I wanted most on the walls, and we found the perfect spot in the livingroom.

But it just wouldn't work.  The writing was so fine that the guys couldn't get it to apply without tearing.  I was truly sick when they ripped the whole thing off. :(  Guess that means I'll have to give free hand a try or find a great stencil.  This seemed like the much easier option, and the stencil was so lovely.

Another week that shouts of God's many blessings...........

Love,

6 comments:

  1. I so wish we lived close together...you do such fun stuff and those kids always look like they are so happy to just be...and be doing...great job mom!

    As always, thanks for sharing your life with us through words and pictures... they are truly priceless.
    Love,
    michele :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your binder! You've inspired me to move ahead with making my recipe binder. Where did you find such a pretty binder and do you know yet if that brand of binder holds up well?

    I love your weekly rewinds and all the great pictures of your beautiful family. Keep posting.

    BTW, how do you "do it all"? No, really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read your weekly post several times.My favorite is the snow. I love Elisabeth coming out with the boots. Well, I'm falling asleep so I might as well go to bed. I love your posts and look forward
    to them each week. Love you.
    MEMAW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the binders at Wal-Mart and have been pleased with them as much as any others. It seems that after much use, any binder begins to fall apart and I have to use a new one. Have fun making your recipe binder! I know it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm working on my binder in between lessons today. I picked up some nice colored 1 1/2" at Office Max yesterday. I have a main dish/side dish binder and a breads and desserts binder. Guess which one is fuller. :-)
    Now to find a pretty picture for the front.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (i'm a bit behind, can you tell ;)
    what a testimony to God great goodness in our lives. It is such a joy to hear about all the little blessings that happen in your dear family over the week. I love the pictures (the one of LIttle Bit's smile is precious!!).

    The castle looks great! Good job Whistler and Reaches Up!!

    yay for boogie boards and snowballs!

    I simply love the scripture on your wall! It is lovely. I have wondered how easy they would be to put up...maybe someday I will give it a try =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...