Monday, July 18, 2011

A Man's Work is Never Done

****Warning! There are pictures of a snake in this post! Go no further if this creeps you out!***


Reaches Up had quite the busy day this past Saturday. He was up before the rest of us, spent time reading the Word, and then he went on a...

RATTLESNAKE HUNT!

Having seen this creepy crawling predator, waiting at our backdoor to eat up all the precious children, Reaches Up decided it was time for action.

(For the obsessively cautious prudent, please know that parents were well aware of the snake and Reaches Up's intentions. :))


I'll spare you the picture showing what Reaches Up did with the sledgehammer...


Of course, every man needs a trophy from a kill...here Reaches Up cuts off the rattle.

Yes, this is just everyday life in the desert. Adventure. Sledgehammers. Snakes. Death.

But, it truly is a GOOD LIFE.

Next, Reaches Up eagerly helped our dear next door neighbor dig up weeds from her driveway.


He then cooked up a yummy breakfast for himself and his Daddy before they started their book study.

Mountain Man was heard telling Reaches Up that this was the best fried egg he'd made him, yet!


Student of the Word. Rattlesnake Hunter. Neighbor's Helper. Chef.

And all before 10:00 in the morning.

8 comments:

  1. Whew! That sounds like quite the morning! Good job on killing that rattlesnake! And the trophy is very nice, too!
    I am sure your neighbor really appreciated the help.. and your dad appreciated the fried egg! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on all counts.

    I love animals but I draw the line at snakes. I think it has something to do with the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reaches UP!!! You are a hero in my book....the killer of a rattlesnake!! "Me don't like snakes, mices and rats"...

    The best part is that you helped your neighbor with something that I'm sure meant very much to her!!! What a great servant's heart that shows!!

    and...as if those things weren't enough.....you are a chef too?!?! AND....also did a book study the same day...?? So cool!!

    Way to go...

    Love you all!!
    michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better a snake than a spider......*shudder*. :D I can do snakes, but if one thing can reduce me to a screeching sissy, it's a hairy spider. Sometimes I wait to panic until it's dead, though.

    Good thing we don't live in either snake OR hairy spider country. Well, few spiders anyway. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You amaze me, young man. PLEASE,
    please don't bless me with one of
    those snakes when I come to see
    you. I'll take a kitten or a puppy.
    HUGS,
    memaw

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Reaches Up! You're becoming quite the man! It's a good thing to learn to be productive early on in life. =) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah,
    It's wonderful to have Reaches Up make a good breakfast for his Daddy! Love you!

    Persis,
    I understand, my friend. I draw the line at mice. Of course, that's why I love our friendly resident bull snake. :)

    Jessica,
    I know! I wish I was that productive.

    Michele,
    Thanks for the good words, sweet Cuz. Yes, Reaches Up's favorite part of Saturday is his book study and breakfast with Daddy. Love you!

    Constitution Girl,
    So nice to see you here. :) I understand about the spiders..I really can't stand mice!

    MeMaw,
    Well, I don't know about a kitten or a puppy, but we will have lots of love, hugs, and kisses, and great food!! I love you!

    Marissa,
    Thank you for the encouraging words, sweet friend! They're a blessing to him!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...