Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Disappearing Ink

***Update: Ink has safely arrived in Mexico! Thank you for your prayers. God has been so, so gracious. Good flights. No lost luggage. No security issues. These are all wonderful gifts, and I'm praising God for His kindness!


P.S. My Beloved was even able to get off work early and come home and get some rest before an evening meeting. Yay!


My Ink has taken the first step in becoming a world traveler. I waved good-bye to him early, early today, moon still shining and birds chirping away, as he and my Beloved left for the airport.

It won't be long before he'll see Becky's lovely face and enjoy a hug only Mamas can give. It won't be long before he's knowing the joy of Christian fellowship with this dear family and other godly young men. I'm so happy for him!

God's mercies and gifts are upon us every moment of every day. Already I'm praising Him for my not sleeping through that alarm, even though I had just closed my eyes. I'm praising Him for Ink's one last question about his passport, which triggered the realization that, um, he needed to sign it. I'm praising the LORD for a generous husband who has such a long day ahead of him, early rising, long hours driving (over 3-1/2), meeting tonight, and yet, does it without grumbling and complaining. And I'm thankful for little brothers who wake up to tell older brothers good-bye, tears misting the eyes.

We're a big family. But one of the treasures of God as our Creator is the custom-design He gives each of us. That means in every family, each child brings something different, something special. That means when one is gone you feel the absence strongly. I had great blubber-control this morning. The tears didn't flow until I closed that front door after the last wave good-bye. You'd think he was going away for years, but we Mamas were made to weep at times like this. I just know I'm not the only one!

What will I miss about Ink?

1) His handsome smile and hearty laugh when he finds something clever or funny.

2) His insisting that I sit in the car while he loads everything up during our shopping trips.

3) His reading to me from his current reads and the discussions that follow.

4) His telling me what movie I'll be watching, and his tolerance of my sleeping through it off and on, a side-effect of pregnancy. :) (Second oldest has volunteered to quickly fill Ink's shoes in this regard.)

5) The delight and appreciation he shows for my home-cookin'.

6) His editing skills for my posts. He pushes me to hit "publish."

7) His late night refrigerator and pantry raids.

8) His organizational skills.

9) His perspective on everything.

10) Those good-morning and good-night hugs.

I'd list more, but he is 17, and I must minimize the embarrassment factor.

Please pray for safe travel for Ink and that God would make him a blessing to Becky and her family and all he encounters along the way. Pray for good health and no lost luggage or travel complications. Pray for a heart that is full of thanksgiving to God for every provision and protection.

With love,
Trisha


7 comments:

  1. What an awesome opportunity! Praying for your world traveler and those holding down the home fort.

    I must admit that I'm a wee bit jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been praying for him since early morning. Must admit, your post brought tears to my eyes. He is such a special
    young man. Your posts always bless my heart. Will continue to pray for Ink and the family in Mexico.

    LOVE,
    memaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so excited to have him over! We'll keep you posted, my friend!

    Thanks for letting him come our way. I am sure it will be a blessing to all of us.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post! Embarrass away my friend...that's the job of a Mom! (Joking, of course). ;-) Oh and tears...they tell us not to, but are disappointed when we don't well up! :)

    Praying for your Ink.

    Love,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting for him to go and stay with Becky's family! You are blessed to have a son that is so devoted to Christ at his age!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to hear how his trip goes. I must admit that my kids have not left for any extended time (of course my oldest is 13) but I don't look forward to it. I will be a mess with tears. Praying for you while he is gone and for Ink that he is not only a blessing but that he is blessed. :) Hope you are feeling well sweet friend. My parents left to go back to NY yesterday, we had the girls dance recital this Saturday and now VBS all this week and then things will slow down a bit. I am excited to have a little rest before Brandon's next big surgery on July 10th.
    Can't wait to hear the babies name. Love you.
    Hugs
    Love
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO thankful that Ink arrived safely with no issues. May the LORD bless his time away. May HE give you grace each day. I know HE will!

    Love,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...