Thursday, August 16, 2012

It Looks Like Winter

The trees are almost bare, but at least they are still standing. The brand new skylight in the roof is damaged and will need to be replaced, as are at least one of the house windows. Window screens are torn. A little more paint is off the van now. There were leaking windows and a leaking roof vent, and the yard is a bit flooded.

I have no idea what our metal roof looks like, though I hope it was able to withstand this hailstorm. 

I do dread storms like this, when the children start to scream, and you get a bit overwhelmed because something crazy is happening all over the house and everywhere outside. 

All you can do is pray and remind your children that God is good. "Who is sending those hailstones?" They tell you God, and you remind them that He is with us, and is working this for our good. And you sneak off a bit and wipe your tears and talk those truths to yourself again.

These are powerful images of how great He is, how small we are, and the fleeting things we get attached to.

 Thank you in advance for your prayers. 










6 comments:

  1. That is crazy! It looks like winter! So sorry about the damage to your windows. That's just a big pain. Thankful, though, that it was not more serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's an incredible amount of hail.

    Thanking God that you all are safe. Continuing to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is some storm! Hope nothing more comes like that for you. That is some people mover as well. The limo version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I never realized that hail would do that much damage. Looking at the pictures reminded me of Little House on the Prairie when Laura and Almanzo lost their crops to the hailstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two years ago in April on Easter Suday, we had a terrible hail storm. I had never been in one like that before. We had hail the size of baseballs and it was scary-after the hail then it stormed and was terribly windy too. It was crazy. Thankfully we didn't have damage to our metal roof-but our cars were dented a little.
    This is amazing to see these photo and realize this is August-I am so glad that you all are ok and that the damage wasn't worse.
    Praying for you all-so glad you were at the hospital having the baby too.
    Love you
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...