But, like Santa Fe, it has some wonderful bed and breakfast places. And we found a winner! There were times in our South Fork, CO vacation home that I felt I had been flushed away, but this weekend it was a complete feeling of being whisked away. :)
Ladies, this is where the daily faithfulness in child training blesses you greatly. You're able to go away and leave behind trustworthy children. For some of you, this is still years away, but I promise the wait is worth it. You leave having your children's hearts and knowing they are responsible to be without you for a couple of days.
The door to the left is the entrance to our room. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the front of the inn.
A lovely stream runs across the front of the property.
There were cozy spots like this everywhere. The front porch had great cushioned places to sit, with blankets nearby.
The detailed carvings on the adobe buildings were beautiful, and this chess set was so lovely and different.
This was the main room, which included a kiva fireplace AND air conditioning. Oh, how I loved that air conditioning! :)
From the main room you entered this bathroom. Yes, this entire room is the bathroom.
Behind that screen is not only the toilet but also a door to a dry steam room. Of course I couldn't enjoy that right now, but my Beloved loved it!
This is the second fire place in the bathroom. The refrigerator kept food cold and everything was clean! Did I mention that everything was clean?
Isn't this tub amazing? Yes, the hot water actually worked, too. And the towels were plush and clean and so was the bath mat! I was giving this place five stars on everything.
This is the quaint breakfast area where delicious breakfasts were served. Now I'm a very picky eater, so I didn't indulge in much of the fare, but my Mountain Man was enjoying every bite. The first morning they served eggs benedict and blueberry oatmeal, with coffee and tea, of course. The second day's breakfast included eggs, southwestern style grits (hot with green chile), biscuits and gravy, and a yogurt-cucumber dish.
We forgot the tripod, so my Beloved set the camera up on one of those tall candlesticks you see in the background.
We toured the Kit Carson museum (my hubby is a Mountain Man!), the Gov. Bent museum, and the Earth Ship site. We enjoyed walking around the main shopping square in Taos, which even had a delightful (though very liberally biased) bookstore called Moby Dickens.
The name of the Inn? Adobe and Pines Bed and Breakfast. You'll want to know that if you ever visit Taos. Of course, if you're that close, you'd better come say "hello!" and break bread with us.
We came home quite refreshed to welcoming children who had the house looking spotless. There was even a meal plan posted on the fridge. Has Ink ever mentioned that he likes to cook? :)
Thanks be to God for His kind mercies during this trip and the great memories we made!
With love,
Trisha











I'm so glad you were able to get away together - what a blessing. And, that looks like a wonderful place to stay.
ReplyDeleteOh, Jessica, it was so wonderful! Thank you for sharing in my joy!
DeleteWow, that looks wonderful!! My husband and I will be celebrating 20 years of marriage in September, and are hoping to get away for a night or two. I understand about the older ones handling it on their own. We have done this before, and like you, the house was spotless, and kids were happy. We usually send our youngest ones to a cousins, but the oldest 4 will stay alone. They actually like it as well!
ReplyDeleteTake Care
Lisa
Lisa,
DeleteOur anniversary is in September, too!!! Congratulations to you on 20 years. Ours will be 25, so I consider this an early anniversary getaway! :)
And yes, we're part of a Reformed church, too. CREC is the denomination of our church. I have heard of yours before, too! Are you paedobaptist?
That place is so beautiful! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I always hear from others date nights are an important thing to keep up in marriage. We've tried to make it happen several times but it never really works. I look forward to being able to "date" my husband again with some regularity someday though. :-)
ReplyDeleteThere is a season for everything. It's much easier when the children can take care of themselves. Don't stress over it now, sweet Hollie. Before you know it, it will be here. Enjoy these moments with your children at the ages they are. Love you!!
DeleteThe buildings are so interesting there!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear ya'll had a wonderful time. Aren't good children such a blessing!
Yes, the adobe structures are very interesting. I remember hating them when we first looked at homes here. :) I wouldn't choose one to live in, but I've come to appreciate the beauty in them.
DeleteHow are things with you and your new home??? Do you have a new address for me? Please send it through my e-mail. I miss you!
I'm glad you had such a nice getaway with your hubby at such a lovely (and clean!) B&B.
ReplyDeletePersis,
DeleteIt was delightfully CLEAN!! :)
Everything looks beautiful. So glad everything was clean - and you had A.C. I'm sure you and hubby had a restful
ReplyDeletetime. !!! You both deserve it. Next month at this time Elijah will be here, so get as much rest as you can, dear
daughter. Thanks so much for posting the pictures.
LOVE,
MOM
Amen! I love it! It looks sooo lovely and I love the ingenuity of hubby in creating a tripod from a candle holder! May God bless you with more opportunities to sneak away and be refreshed! You two are a blessing! XOXO
ReplyDeleteOh, P.S. I love it that Corey can cook, too! Not surprised as I have observed the most wonderful men to have outstanding culinary talents -- my hubby being one of them!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHI Trisha
ReplyDeleteI looked up your church on-line, and our churches have the same creeds etc. The only thing I'm still wondering, do you believe in infant baptism (as we do), or adult baptism?
Lisa
Yes, Lisa, we practice infant baptism. (We both used to be Baptist, though...) :)
DeleteTrisha-
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to stop by and say hello and that I am so glad you were blessed to get away and enjoy each others company before your new sweet baby boy gets here. :) It looks absolutely beautiful-I look forward to the time we can do this too. Love you sweet friend. You look beautiful.
Hugs
Jill
When I saw that Ink was cooking, I was wondering if you had gone away! Glad you had a wonderful time away. And I love that picture of the chess board!
ReplyDeleteHow LOVELY! I am so glad for you...it is so nice to connect right before the beautiful busyness of baby! :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful! I'm so pleased for you my precious friend!! And...happy *early* 25th!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Camille xo