After much prayer and research, I'm delighted to say that I think I've found what we'll be using through high school. The children are enjoying their assignments and reading, and Mommy is enjoying the pace. Of course, we tweak the plan as necessary, according to our convictions as well as preferences, but overall, it's nice to have so much of the planning work already done. The main hurdle is my having enough time to read ahead and be familiar with the Scribe's and Little Big Man's readings.
I'm sure the children would love to have you take a peek at what they're reading and working on. Just visit http://www.amblesideonline.org/. Click on Years 1 (Reaches Up and Whistler), 5 (Little Big Man), and 7 (Scribe). By the way, the "years" don't correspond with traditional public school grades. You'll be able to see their book lists as well as their schedules.
Love,
Queen Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.