It's now day 4 of the rendezvous, and the girls and I are ready for our men to come home. However, we were excited to be able to see them at camp today, and God gave us beautiful weather and a wonderful visit with them. Their camp looked great--active and dirty. :) A good friend of ours, Uncle Kent, and his boys, J and T, camped right next to the Poff Men, which made for good conversation and delicious food. (Uncle Kent is the famous camp cook!)
The girls and I were able to watch Mountain Man and the boys compete in the hawk and knife throws. Everyone did great; however, poor Mountain Man did have to take some ribbing from one of the judges about the fact that Scribe and Little Big Man outscored him. Little Bit was content to just play in the dirt, dropping it in her hair and all over her clothes. (Great pictures to come!) Boo enjoyed the candy from the candy cannon--yes, it smelled of gun powder, and Whistler was making plans for joining the men next year, admiring the ladies' pretty dresses and dreaming of wearing her own. (Help, Caity and Marissa!)
I was able to get lots of great shots of camp and the men throwing, so we'll post those as soon as the guys come home. Tonight, Scribe and Reaches Up were surprised to receive the great honor of getting their Mountain Man names...something like "Scribe" and "Reaches Up." Go figure.
Love,
Queen Mom
Making Your Home an Oasis
3 years ago
I would love to help Emma with a dress! I know that would be so exciting to get to go with her men next year! She was glowing when she told me this morning. =D We'll have to see what we can conjure up for her. Maybe we can talk about styles and fabrics sometime...(I'm sure she has the perfect picture of what she wants in her mind already) =D
ReplyDeleteOoh, thanks Marissa! Whistler is ready to go--she asked me tonight when we were going over your house to work on the dress. I said, "The next rendezvous is a YEAR away!"
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Queen Mom