Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday~Daily Bread

"God's bread is always in our mouths, 
so should our praise be. 
He fills us with good; let us also 
be filled with gratitude."
~C.H. Spurgeon



~a quiet new dishwasher, "Is it really on?"

~a brand new stove that leaves our children in wonder,"Look! We don't have to light the burners!" "Wow. Look how clean it is inside." "Are you loving cooking with your new oven, Mommy?" :)

~a phone call from a long, lost friend whose words always bring my heart joy. Truly, the joy of the LORD is her strength.

~finding the right part at the store so my Beloved could finish installing the dishwasher late at night

~brothers




~Our Pastor's reminder that our children are the sharp edges on Christ's threshing sledge, something we as parents must remember as we teach them

~Sunday afternoon naps

~My Beloved finding time to read--he's already finished three books this year!

~Older boys who have their fourth big meal late at night

~birthday celebrations with friends, balloons, Buttermilk Pie, Cream Cheese Pound cake, pizza, Sequence, Farkel, 10 children, and lots of laughter

~Irish breakfast tea

~Psalm 139:16 "...and in thy book all my members were written which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them."

~children who love what I cook for them

~An unexpected snow in the morning

~text messages just to say, "I love you!"

~Connect Four and Jenga

~scones, scones, scones

~God's protection over my Beloved as he drove to work in the snow

~the opportunities a large family provides to learn to die to self

~Boo's love for reading

~the fruit of repentance

~Five Star Burgers

~Jury Duty (Yikes!)

~Clairesy's "Hol me! Hol me!" (Hold me. Hold me.) It's her theme song these days. One day it won't be.

~This visual of the attributes of God

~Josh Garrels' free album download. His music is amazing (and I can even tolerate the one rap song)!

~I am redeemed!

With love,
Trisha

17 comments:

  1. Me too! I can also tolerate that ONE song! Ha!

    Praising God with you, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...new kitchen appliances are great! As is Irish breakfast tea...and kids who want to be held - so many wonderful blessings to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful list, Trisha. Very sweet pics of Ink and Cap'n. Of course "sweet" isn't a very manly adjective. How about "rugged"? :)

    Thanks for sharing the album link. Strange as it may seem, I actually like Christian rap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Trisha - so beautiful to see your thankful heart. :) ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky,
    Josh Garrels might be the only singer who could make me listen to a rap song. :)

    Jessica,
    Yes, it's amazing what a new dishwasher and stove do for this Mama. I'm very grateful.

    Persis,
    Oh, my friend, I already know that you like rap.

    And I still love you. :) LOL!

    Clara,
    Thank you, my friend! Hugs to you, too. I wish they didn't have to travel so far to get to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sweet and encouraging words today, dear sister. Oh, and the pictures, as always. Look at little Cap'n's tiny hand holding onto his big brother's shirt. So sweet. Thanks for the heads up on the album download. I so love music and I'll check it out, even if it has a rap on it.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessing abound-:) So happy for your new dishwasher and stove. I will need the dishwasher soon-hoping this one will hold out a little longer. My sweetheart has jury duty Monday if he is called. So thankful mom and dad are here to help because I won't beable to drive for 4 days and the girls have dance and Alyssa has tutoring and we have our first orthodonist appointment for Alyssa and Derek and church and the list goes on and on-trying to prepare while I will be out of commission for a few days. Love you-thanks for your prayers. My sister is home and it will take about 7 days to hear back on the results of the biopsy on the tumor they removed and they took her adenoids too-she is in a lot of pain but home and ok.
    Love you-have a great day.
    Hugs
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy,
    I know. Those pictures are some of my all-time favorites. :) I do hope you like the music. His voice is one-of-a-kind.

    Jill,
    So glad your sister's surgery went well, though I know she's in a lot of pain. Praying for peace and comfort and healing for you all. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful list of God's blessings…and you saved the best for last…YOU ARE REDEEMED!!! God is so very good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful list! I enjoyed the "Hol me, hol me" as my grandaughter has her own version. Instead of asking to be held she says, "Do you want to hold me?"

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all these! That was the sweetest birthday we've had in YEARS! Can you make scone dough in your bread machine? LOVE that I've shared in being the pillow for Miss Clairesy. And your last grace just makes all the rest fall into their proper places, doesn't it? I sure love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful life this savior gives... it's all in our receiving!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pictues are beautiful. Looks
    like Corey loves his little brother.
    Love your list. May God continually
    bless you and yours.
    Love you,

    Memaw

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome list! Rejoicing with you! Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely list Trisha! Love you, sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, the things we take for granted! I laughed when I read about the dishwasher and the stove--I didn't know that we weren't the only ones who have to manually light the burners. Hee hee! Cap'n is so cute! Where's that sister of mine, I need to smooch a chubby cheek.........

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a glorious list of blessings to be thankful for. Ink and Cap'n, awwwwwwwwww.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...