Sorry my friend...I left a comment and revealed your location. I couldn't remember if that was public...so, I deleted the comment. Here it is again. Yes, my friend, YES! It's incredible! Howie was in your neck of the woods last night...I'll have to ask him if he saw it. He's flying home right now! Yippeee!! Love you! Camille XO
He was concerned that you would be upset if you found out he was there and didn't see you...if it would have been possible, I would certainly have told you!! He didn't have a vehicle and was I think about an hour from you in meetings...all day long WITH work to do in the evenings after the day's work was done...there really was no time during those few days. He wasn't even able to talk on the phone with me on a couple of occasions...sad, but true! I knew you would understand. I felt like calling you the other day...I would love to chat soon. XO
It's all in the shutter speed, I think. Whenever I've got good shots, I've used a 1/100 at the slowest, and started with f/11 and worked my way down t open the shutter more. The slower shutter speeds don't lend to clear pictures, because even when we can't tell, the earth is actually moving.
He got the pic at a good time, too, because the ambient light above the houses gave good light, too. You can see it's lower in the sky as well. Perhaps this will inspire him to take more pictures!
Yes, both he and Emma love to take pics. I should try to find a good basic course in photography for them. He got some other shots that were much darker, and yet, you could see well the color of the moon. Thanks for sharing your photography knowledge!
"Each of us, every day, is standing under a Niagara of blessings..."
~Doug Wilson
"There is enough in God to fill our treasures, to replenish every hungry soul, to supply all our wants, to answer all our desires, to make us completely happy."
Sorry my friend...I left a comment and revealed your location. I couldn't remember if that was public...so, I deleted the comment. Here it is again. Yes, my friend, YES! It's incredible! Howie was in your neck of the woods last night...I'll have to ask him if he saw it. He's flying home right now! Yippeee!! Love you! Camille XO
ReplyDeleteOh, Camille, I'm so sorry we didn't get the joy of meeting him! I know you can't wait to have him home. I love you! Please call soon. :)
DeleteHe was concerned that you would be upset if you found out he was there and didn't see you...if it would have been possible, I would certainly have told you!! He didn't have a vehicle and was I think about an hour from you in meetings...all day long WITH work to do in the evenings after the day's work was done...there really was no time during those few days. He wasn't even able to talk on the phone with me on a couple of occasions...sad, but true! I knew you would understand. I felt like calling you the other day...I would love to chat soon. XO
DeleteIt's all in the shutter speed, I think. Whenever I've got good shots, I've used a 1/100 at the slowest, and started with f/11 and worked my way down t open the shutter more. The slower shutter speeds don't lend to clear pictures, because even when we can't tell, the earth is actually moving.
ReplyDeleteThat's what amazes me. Luke is 11 and doesn't even know about shutter speed. It's such a gift from God that he was able to get this shot!
DeleteHe got the pic at a good time, too, because the ambient light above the houses gave good light, too. You can see it's lower in the sky as well. Perhaps this will inspire him to take more pictures!
DeleteYes, both he and Emma love to take pics. I should try to find a good basic course in photography for them. He got some other shots that were much darker, and yet, you could see well the color of the moon. Thanks for sharing your photography knowledge!
DeleteWhat a GREAT picture Luke took!!! Beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Tami! You know that made his day!
DeleteGreat pic, Luke!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Persis!
Delete