Simple Scones
2 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
8 T. cold butter, chopped
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
1/2 c. sour cream
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. additional sugar
Mix first five ingredients together in a medium bowl. Add chopped butter and blend with pastry blender (I just use my KitchenAid mixer) until texture is like coarse meal. Add in chocolate chips.
In another bowl, combine egg, vanilla, and sour cream. Add to flour mixture and mix together until large clumps of dough form. Using your hands, work the dough until a ball forms.
Place dough on floured surface and cut into wedges, rounds, etc. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet, and sprinkle with 1 tsp. of sugar.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
Notes: We baked these at 375 degrees and doubled this recipe for our family. Stoneware coated in butter works great, too.
'
Enjoy!
**recipe from All Recipes

Those look so yummy! I love the shape too :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting the recipe :)
I have made scones twice but each time they look more like little blobs than the triangle shape I made them in. Of course, they were scrumptious ;)
Blossom,
ReplyDeleteThe "blob" issue is why you'd love these. I've had that same problem, too, with other recipes, but this one baked beautifully.
The scones look delicious. Guess I will enjoy scones again next time I visit. The Spencers did a great job making scones when we were there. They were delicious.
ReplyDeleteLove and miss you so much. Thanks for the post, dear daughter.
HUGS,
memaw