Instead, we'll have to be happy with this one.
When I look at this young man of ours, all I can think of is God's grace. It covers the pages of every day of his life. He's a testimony to the truth that godly children are the works of God's hands. God gets every ounce of the glory.
Are there any better birthday wishes than birthday blessings?
1) May you love the LORD your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength all the days of your life. May you always love your neighbor as yourself. (Luke 10:27)
2) May the LORD continually be your strong habitation, the One you run to at all times. (Psalm 71:3) May you remember that your afflictions are achieving for you an eternal glory that outweighs them all. (2 Cor. 4:17)
3) May the LORD be your sun and shield and give you grace and glory. May He bless you with every good thing as you walk in His ways. (Psalm 84:11,12)
4) May you remember the preciousness of time and redeem every moment for His glory. (Eph. 5:16)
5) May your conception of God never be grounded in lustful desires or fleshly ambition, but always in the truth of God's Word. (Willliam Gurnall)
6) May you always be fat-souled, continually praising the LORD with joyful lips. (Psalm 63:5)
7) May the LORD establish the work of your hands, and may you always use your gifts for His glory. (Psalm 90:17)
8) May you know the joy of a godly wife and many olive plants around your table. May you lead your family with wisdom and righteousness. (Psalm 128:3, Proverbs 31)
9) May the LORD draw upon your soul the lineaments of Christ, in every trace and feature. (Valley of Vision)
10) May you never cease to be a letter written with the pen of the Holy Spirit. (Valley of Vision)
11) May you never walk in a spirit of fear, but with power and love and a sound mind. (2 Tim. 1:7)
12) May you be a man given to much prayer and time in the Word. May His Words be sweeter than honey to you, and may you always hunger deeply for them. (James 5:16, Psalm 119:103)
13) May you walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. (Colossians 1:10)
14) May you always love others with a self-denying, self-sacrificing love that reflects your Savior, Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 13)
15) May your heart be infused with a deep awareness of your sin. May you never forget you are saved by grace and nothing of yourself. May you always be quick to repent and seek forgiveness from Christ Jesus and those you have offended. (Rom. 3:23, Eph. 2:8, Eph. 4:32)
16) May you see yourself as nothing and God as everything. May your heart seek the LORD with intensity and long with vehement thirst to live for Him. (Valley of Vision)
17) May Psalm 103 be the song of all your days.
Happy Birthday, dear Son! We love you and praise God for you!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy

Happy birthday, Ink!!! God bless you as you continue to put words to paper for His glory.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Ink. Blessings to you all Trisha.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Ink!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday son! Your mother is certainly the one gifted with the words ... all I can say is AMEN!
ReplyDeleteNow git kamp squared away, pull some water, sharpen dos hawks, fill dem powder horns, and git brekfast ready ... I is hungry as a bear!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!! Corey, I hope you have a VERY GOOD DAY..... I can't believe you are 17 years old.. seems like only yesterday you were born.. may how time flies!! I LOVE YOU... Granma
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Ink!! I hope God blesses you richly in this coming year. May you continue to grow in His word, Mercy, and understanding. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Corey! :) Welcome to the world of seventeen year olds. ;)
ReplyDeleteWonderful blessings! He is such a good, handsome young man! I know you are terribly proud!
ReplyDeleteThank you, everyone, for taking the time to wish Corey a happy birthday. We're very grateful! You've blessed us!
ReplyDeleteI think your son is blessed indeed! What a beautiful, godly heritage. May the LORD grant all those blessings and many more...for HIS glory!
ReplyDeleteHappy 17th Ink! You and our Austin could be good friends I think. He will be 17 on the 8th of April, the LORD willing.
Trisha, enjoy each day with each of your precious ones...God is Good!
Much Love,
Camille
Oh, I can't believe I missed such a special day! Happy belated birthday, Ink! I don't say it much, but I think that you are one very awesome kid and superb writer.
ReplyDeleteI will catch up on my blog reading soon, I hope. Look at what I've missed already!
Love and hugs to Trisha too!!
I am a little late here but I'm thankful I wished him a happy birthday already! Bless God for your baby boy who is no longer a baby but at the same time will ALWAYS be your baby! LOL! He is a true blessing to the body of Christ, Trisha and I look forward to seeing the continued grace of God in His life! I, for one, am better for knowing him! Though you are correct in giving all the glory to God, there can be no denying that God chose you specifically to mother such a child as that! i love you dearly Trisha and though I don't visit as often as I like, you are very much always in my heart and prayers! Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope his day was blessed! Hope you are doing well too sweet friend. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteLove you