" 'I am wonderfully made'; that word ruchampti is very full. The vulgate renders it, 'painted as with a needle,' i.e. richly embroidered with nerves and veins."
~
John Flavel
I know it's hard to see baby clearly at this stage of pregnancy, but surely you see the amazing arm and ear and head and nose in this profile. As Clairesy said, defaulting to the masculine pronoun, "him so cute!"
First, I have to clarify what I meant in my previous post about being lectured a bit about the risks of pregnancy at my age. It's not my doctor who lectures me. In fact, my OB is the greatest doctor in the world. One of 10 children, he has only been positive about our family size, and though he makes clear to me the risks of multiple c-sections, he has never told me he wouldn't deliver another one of our babies. This will be my 8th c-section, and he will have done 7 of them. He's an amazing gift from the LORD.
I also see a perinatologist, a high-risk pregnancy doctor, during my pregnancy because of my Crohn's disease. This doctor is great as well and has been most gracious and encouraging.
It's the geneticists who take my history, etc. and then present me with the risks for birth defects (just doing their job) that sometimes can't restrain themselves from sharing their perspective. Today I waded through the following:
"Aren't you tired?"
"Your body has been through so much."
And the one I'm going to post on my mirror to help me watch how much weight I gain......
"You're short for your weight."
Of course, this was news to me. HA!
Now that we're past that...if I could tell you face to face how my visit went today, I would grab you by the shoulders, look you square in the eyes, get teary, and tell you that everything looked beautiful.
The test they do for down's syndrome at this stage was normal (this is not a commentary on down's syndrome babies. If that was God's will for us, He would provide the grace to train up that precious gift for His glory and we would be so grateful for that privilege. With Claire, the geneticist was pretty sure she had down's syndrome and couldn't believe we weren't freaking out about that diagnosis), and the placement of the placenta (an issue with having had so many c-sections) was wonderful, too. The perinatologist admitted that that's her first concern when she looks at my ultrasound.
How gracious God has been to us through each pregnancy. It leaves me humbled and overwhelmed at His kindness. I don't take a minute of this for granted, nor am I unaware of how blessed we are. It's a thought that's never far from me.
So today I'm rejoicing in this good news. I'm praising God for that strong heartbeat, for this amazing glimpse at our precious baby being knit together, and for a healthy placenta. I'm soaking in every bit of His mercy, knowing that no matter what tomorrow brings, it will still be full of opportunities to praise Him over and over.
Thank you for rejoicing with me over this milestone. Thank you for continuing to hold me up in prayer. I thank God for you.
Love,
Trisha
So precious and so sweet! Very happy for you and your family!
ReplyDeletePraise God for the news. Your wee one is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteTears of happiness Trisha! I have to agree with Claire though, him is cute! I immediately thought he looked like Jedediah, it must be his new hair cute & their head shape!
ReplyDeleteI suppose the nurse who said you were short for your weight thought she was being polite. (or he) You know, not everyone can be a supermodel. Too much pressure anyway!
I am very thankful you are doing well! Thank you for the update!
Oh I just got so teary and so full of praise to see this ultrasound photo and read your post full or praise and gratitude. I am so thankful tonight that God is knitting this sweet life in your womb. I am just so happy for you all. God is so good Trisha-thank you for keeping us updated. I am so excited to hear more with each passing day.
ReplyDeleteWish I could hug your neck and praise God with you over this great appointment today. PS You are not overweight or under height. YOU ARE A PRECIOUS TREASURE God handcrafted just the way He wanted you.
Love you friend.
Hugs
Jill
Him IS cute! Praise God!
ReplyDeleteThe Brainerd family rejoices with you!
ReplyDeleteIs it a boy for sure or that wants she thinks it is?
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful!
What a precious little one.So thankful for the good news. (Can't wait to find out what we're going
ReplyDeleteto have.) Love you and yours.
HUGS,
mom
LDH,
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Persis,
I agree. :)
Ashleigh,
Thank you for your encouraging words!
Jill,
Thank you for praising the LORD with me! Love to you, too!
Petra,
Thank you. Your words are a gift!
Pastor,
Thank you. That makes my heart glad.
Momof3girls,
No, we won't know the sex for a couple more months. Clairesy just referred to baby as "him." Maybe it's prophetic. We'll know in April. :)
Thank you for your good words!
Mom,
ReplyDeleteWe were posting a comment at the same time! LOL! I love you, too. Hmm...maybe you should plan on being here when we find out what sex baby is. That would be in April. :) I love you!!!
Yeah! I agree with Clairesy---him IS so cute! What a family to be born into!
ReplyDeleteYes, I see that little head and that little ear and that little arm...and is he or she sucking his or her thumb??? :) So wonderful!! Yes, indeed...we are fearfully and wonderfully made. I *loved* this..."You are short for your weight"...LOL!!!! And yes, I am praying.
ReplyDeleteMuch Love to you!
Camille
Oh...and I should have said...I think you are *just right*...it just tickled me to think of someone saying that to you and then that you would post it on your mirror....just in a funny mood today, I guess. :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Camille
Already that baby is gorgeous. So excited to see that early unltrasound in a week where I have been heartbroken to read of the "medical" profession, supposedly condoning killing new born babes if the mother so wishes. The is the awful but logical follow on from legalising abortions in the womb....
ReplyDeleteSteps off her soapbox!
Hahahahahahahahaah
I;m using that. I'm short for my weight!
Keep well Mumma and baby ♥
Clairesy is right, him is adorable!! I've never had a 3d/4d ultrasound but I'm always amazed at how clear they are! The miracle of creating life is just amazing.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad everything looks well. Praise God :o)
Trisha,
ReplyDeleteI am thrilled to hear this wonderful report. This baby is the blessed of the Lord. He/she will continue to thrive in your womb, be born healthy and strong, and prosper in every way in this life and beyond! I look at this picture and can't fathom how anyone in their right mind could call an obviously perfectly formed child just "tissue" and justify abortion.
Love,
Sandy
Praising God with you!! What a precious little one!
ReplyDeleteJessica
Fearfully and wonderfully made, INDEED! May the Lord be the mountains that surrounds you both as your littlest one grows in the secret place.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you all and each, Dear one,
Jojo
You're pregnant!
ReplyDeleteFor a short time, when I tried visiting I couldn't get to you so I thought you had gone private. I can't tell you how sad that made me. What a blessing to have you back... and you're pregnant! I know it was a rough year but every time you spilled the truth here in these pages you were glorifying God and I was blessed. I know that I always tell you that, I can't help it. :)
I couldn't be happier for you and your family. And me (to have you back)!!
Blessings, Debbie
Praise God! There are few things more beautiful than a baby alive in the womb..and captured with an ultrasound!
ReplyDeleteGod Bless!
Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! "Praise God from Whom all blessings flow"!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Trisha! I am so happy for you!
ReplyDelete8 c-section...now that really is amazing. I had 4, and had to stop after the last one, of which both of us were really blessed to come out alive. I wish God would have allowed more, but I am trying to be content. The doctor really makes all the difference, doesn't he? Mine had a woman upon whom he had done 7 c-sections, and so I knew I could trust him not to secretly tie my tubes during surgery. :)
Praise God for the good news, so happy for you...love the short for your weight comment
ReplyDeleteHugs
Love the picture of the "little one" Claire is right...him is cute..... you take care Trish.. praying for you and the little one... Love to all... Ruth
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful post - what wonderful news and what a blessing that everything is going so well with your pregnancy. I can just imagine your joy - I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I haven't been around much lately - we took a road trip, and since then I've been trying to cut back on my time online in favour of my spending more time with my family. I very much enjoy reading your blog when I get the chance though.
Hugs and prayers,
Clara
Him is very cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear the good report.
Trisha, the baby is indeed precious and so sweet! I didn't have the advantage of ultrasound with mine, I wish I had! I'm afraid I've offended you with my e-mail and so many questions. If so, please forgive me and my ignorance. I am reassured that you have so many wonderful doctors looking out for you and the wee one. What a joy your family is!
ReplyDeleteLove to all,
Cousin Patty in Richmond
Sweet Patty,
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine your ever offending me. Perhaps you sent the message to my old e-mail? Those aren't getting forwarded to my anymore. Anyway, I've sent you an e-mail but wanted to post here just in case. Much love to you!!