The boys in the house insisted that Jedediah would not be baptized in a gown, so I searched for an alternative and found this cute baptism suit.
Here's our new Pastor with Jedediah, and yes, Pastor Brainerd is just as kind as he looks in this picture. Jedediah didn't cry at all during the baptism.
Love,
****Having grown up Baptist, I'm well aware that infant baptism is often misunderstood by and even offensive to some. It's a recent change of position for our family and one that wasn't come to without much prayer and study. We're not Catholic, and we don't believe that baptism saves. That said, our family blog isn't the place to debate this issue, though of course we would welcome personal e-mails if anyone has questions. However, I have posted links to some helpful articles.
"Because sacraments are signs and seals, they do not, in themselves, save.
They testify to God's grace, they point us to Christ, and seal to us his salvation. Just as circumcision did not save, neither does baptism." R. Scott Clark
Infant Baptism
Infant Baptism: How My Mind Has Changed
The Biblical Basis for Infant Baptism

Praise The LORD.!!!! I have been
ReplyDeletelooking several times a day for
updates. Love the pictures. Of
course, I think hard copies would be great. Your pastor looks like he's a very kind man. Thanks for the post, dear daughter.
HUGS,
memaw
Nice baptism suit! I love it! I didn't even know they made anything other than gowns...
ReplyDeleteGreat family photo, too. I just love to visit your blog :)
what a lovely family! and I am so glad I was able to sharing in his baptism before I leave! hugs
ReplyDeleteYOur family picture turned out amazing! He is so precious!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful picture of "Jedediah's Baptism". Was not quite prepared for such an early baptism.Love the pictures of Jedediah, and your pastor. I would really love to have the picture of all of you.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
CAtherine
In reference to my previous comment about not being prepared for Cap'ns birthday---I meant that in a good way. So hard to believe that he is already 6 weeks. He is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAunt C