"Where shall we adventure, to-day that we're afloat,
Wary of the weather and steering by a star?
Shall it be to Africa, a-steering of the boat,
To Providence, or Babylon, or off to Malabar?
~Robert Louis Stevenson
~Inspired by Robert Louis Stevenson's "Pirate Story" poem, Claire investigates potential travel destinations.
"Where do you think we should go, Cap'n? By the way, where in the world is Malabar?"
"Hmm, let me think on it for a minute. Malabar...Malabar. Oh, yes, that's in India. In fact, the Malabar Coast is known as the wettest region of southern India. I got that from Wikipedia...uh-oh, I hope it's correct. Yes, India. I stand by that answer, dear sister."
"Ok, Cap'n, this map of Japan is amazing. What do you think of a quick trip there?"
"Japan isn't a quick trip from where we are, Sister, and besides, Scribe's told me about sushi, and I think I'll pass."
***The above pictures were not staged in any way; however, the conversation was perhaps a bit imagined.
I love it when I just check your blog to see if there's a post and there is.!!!!!!! Claire is growing. She is so fair, and Jedediah is so precious. What a
ReplyDeletedifference in their coloring.!!
So precious I must say.
HUGS
Memaw
Precious big sister time! I love Claire's cute little dress!
ReplyDelete