Yesterday was very hard for Michele. A dialysis treatment in which they took too much fluid caused damage to her heart. She was intubated, and she had two feeding lines going.
The good news is that while the doctors initially thought she had a heart attack, tests ruled that out, and they are working to take out the intubation tube (that's the goal, but we don't know when). Also, one of her feeding lines has been removed, and Michele's outlook seems positive. She's only able to communicate with nods or shakes of the head right now.
I realized after talking with a friend that not all of us pray the same way. Even our faith when we pray is a gift. You see, every time I go to my Heavenly Father, it's with the knowledge that He can do ANYTHING. How can we read of His mighty works in the Word or reflect on His wondrous works in our lives and think for a moment that anything is beyond His power? O LORD, increase our faith, and thank You for this gift of faith!
I also pray knowing that whatever He wills is best. So, I come begging and pleading and knowing that nothing is impossible with my Heavenly Father, knowing that His ways are so far beyond my understanding, and that in this hard, hard providence, He is working good for Michele. And He's doing a thousand things, as Jeremiah Burroughs says, from this one thing. The ripple effect is something we don't see in its fullness.
Please pray that the intubation tube would be removed quickly and that Michele would be able to breathe on her own. Pray that her heart would quickly recover from the damage that was done yesterday and that she would be able to eat by mouth soon. Pray that God would keep away all infections from her. She's now neutropenic and very vulnerable to germs. Pray that God would increase her faith and give her the grace to rejoice and praise Him. Pray for continued strength and endurance for David.
"Rock of Ages, when the day seems long,
From this labor and this heartache, I have come
The skies will wear out, but You remain the same
Rock of Ages, I praise Your name.
~Sandra McCracken
Thank you again for your prayers!
With love,
Making Your Home an Oasis
3 years ago

I will be praying. I'm so sorry to hear she had such a rough day.
ReplyDeleteWill continue to pray...
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are with you all. <3
ReplyDeleteHis grace is sufficient, yes, always sufficient.
Love you.
Oh so sorry to hear she had such a hard day....still praying over here. HUGS to you all..
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update, Trisha. Will pray for those specific things.
ReplyDeleteStill praying and will also pray
ReplyDeletefor those specific things you
requested. Don't give up. Stay
strong.
Love,
Sandy
:( Prayed!
ReplyDelete"He is working good for Michele. And He's doing a thousand things."
ReplyDeletePraying!!
...praying for better days for Michele.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the update on Michelle. Amen to ALL of what you said, my friend. Praying that the Lord will work healing in her body and trusting He has her in His sovereign hands. Love to you!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update. Continually
ReplyDeletepraying for Michele, praying for
a miracle. Continue to pray for
all the family, but I know God is
faithful.
HUGS,
memaw