Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'll See You at Home, Michele

Michele
1964-2011

When I was with my Dad in June and watched him die, there was a finality that came with being with him. The realness of it all didn't escape me. 

But when someone who is miles away from you dies, it's strangely surreal. I expect the phone to ring and someone to say there's been a mistake. I want to rewind the day and play back a different ending.

I want to scream, "Noooooooo!!"

And as much as I want to do that because I want to hug Michele again and hear her voice, I know that her homecoming this evening is something to rejoice over. And I know that in time, my breaking heart will rest more firmly in that.

She's with Jesus! She's free from all pain and sorrow and cancer and dialysis and steroids and heart attacks and swelling and every other complication that she's suffered these past years. She's free from sin!

But I will miss this bosom buddy of mine. I will miss my Sister-Cuz. I will miss how she cheered me on and endlessly blessed me. 

Oh, she fought the good fight. She finished the race well.

"The Lord has again taken one dear to you all, but much dearer to Himself, to her happy home. While all here are sorrowing, she is rejoicing. She is not far from us. Heaven is very near, nearer than we imagine. All sorrow and pain is over now, and all tears are wiped from her eyes. She is in possession of the mansion prepared for her. Oh, were our faith but stronger, we should never shed a tear for one so dear to Jesus, who had left a world of trial and a body of sin and death for the glorious inheritance. It is true we lose their society for a little while, but you and I, dear friend, shall soon meet again with those we once loved on earth, and enjoy them to all eternity. How should this encourage our hearts, and fill us with holy gratitude to Him who has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. "
~Mary Winslow
Heaven Opened

My cousin treasured each one of you who prayed for her. She was so grateful. Thank you again for your kindness and your encouragement. We serve a mighty God who does us good, all the time. Oh how Jesus knows our sorrows and brings comfort like no other.

I ask for your continued prayers for David and their children and Michele's mom and siblings. Michele was only 47. There's so much her children will experience that she won't be part of. Pray for grace to draw them all closer to Jesus during the difficult days and years to come. May they cling to Him tighter than ever and find in Him complete satisfaction.

With much love and gratitude,

32 comments:

  1. Oh, Trisha, I am so sorry for your loss of Michele for the present time but as you so aptly put it, you will see her at home. Meanwhile, I am lifting you and David and Michele's children and her Mom and siblings firmly up in prayer. Sending you much love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for your loss. My heart is weeping with yours tonight. I will be praying for your family as you deal with the stages that one must go through to grieve. So grateful that she knew and trusted Jesus as her Savior and that one day you will all be together again singing praises to our Lord. I was so hopeful that this would work for her, but sometimes God's plans are for complete healing and that is to go home and be with him. I too lost a friend on Monday to breast cancer and she has 3 small children and that is what I am grieving most, all the thing her kids will not have her to experience it with them.

    Just praying for peace and comfort Michele's family and for your family. Love you. Rest in His peace, grace and mercy dear friend. We are weeping today but joy comes in the morning-Praise Jesus one day we will be with Him-no more tears to cry.
    Love you-hugs!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for David, the children, Michele's family and for you. WIth love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dear friend! You know my heart, and you know I am with you.

    May we never forget that we are truly, pilgrims on our way to Heaven!

    Love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so very sorry!! I'm praying for all of you!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trisha I am so sorry. Please know that I will continue to keep Michele's family and you in prayer. Sending you much love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry for your loss Trisha. It's always hard for us left behind -- very bittersweet. Praying for you and your family during this time. *hugs* Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear that Trisha. My prayers will be for you & her family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Trisha,
    We are so deeply sorry for your loss, but rejoice with you in the knowledge that you will be with her again someday. We will keep you ALL in our prayers.

    Love to ALL,
    Cousin Patty
    from Richmond, VA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my sweet Trisha, you honor Michele well in the midst of your sorrow. I've been crying with you tonight, my friend. And I will continue to lift up David and family and you as you all grieve. Yes, in an instant, she is healed! And praise God for the hope we have in Him through Christ Jesus our Lord. Praise His name that we can rejoice in the midst of sorrow. And still, there is sorrow. Again, I'm so, so sorry for your loss of your dearly loved and precious cousin. My heart and my prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Trisha,
    Words seem not to express...I am so very sorry for your family loss, for your loss. I am praying you and will continue to pray for David and the little ones.
    Praying for comfort through this time,
    Jojo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry! I will continue to pray for you and Michele's family. I know this is very hard for you right now. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Trisha, how sorry I am to hear of your loss. I will definitely continue to pray for you all. Our hearts are heavy for sure, and yet knowing that she is even now dancing in the streets of heaven free of all of this earthly sorrow is reason to rejoice. Sending much love your way! HUGS, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is always a bitter sweetness when someone we love, who loves the Lord, is taken. May God comfort you and all of Michele's family during this time. The anticipation of meeting again is so wonderful to think of.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry Trisha.
    I'll be praying for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Trisha, I've been trying to keep tuned to the updates, but I have to admit that the last two I lapsed on. So this is a shock for me this morning as I read this. I'm so sorry for your family. Not sorry that she is no longer in pain, but sorry about how much she will be missed. I know you will not weep as the world does, since she was a Christian, but you will weep all the same. And I know all your friends here weep with you. Continued prayers for your dear families in this time of loss.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry to read this this morning! I pray you can find joy in her going home to be with Him. Much love and many thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am sorry for your loss. What a day that will be when all is set right by our Lord and there is no more sickness, sorrow, and death. Thank God in Christ she is only sleeping and that death has lost its sting and is not final.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you all so much for your kind words! This has been so much harder than I expected. I'm so thankful to know I'll see Michele again, and I'm thankful that God's timing is always perfect. You've encouraged my heart with your prayers and your compassion. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so sorry for your loss, Trisha. I will be praying for the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Praying for David, her children, her mom, her siblings, other loved ones, and you. Much love and many hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Mrs. P! I am so so sorry for your loss. I know words sometimes can't really say what you feel, but my heart is breaking for you. It is such an encouragement, though, that you are looking ahead to a time when you'll be with her again. And while it's hard to wait here on earth, I'm so glad that you are looking on the other side (she is no longer suffering and is sweetly resting in her Savior's arms).
    We love you all SOOOOO much. God be with you and Michelle's family.

    Love and hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  23. We are so sorry to hear this news! We are praying for you and for the family. I was surprised to get the news! We love you all,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aww! Praying right now for her family and for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Trisha, I feel your grief. I cried for you this morning. I wish I could give you a big hug. I'm so sorry for your loss and for her family's loss. And I pray the Lord lifts each of you and holds you through your sadness and sorrow.
    Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, I was hoping she would get better. Well, I guess she did. But I was wanting it on earth. But thankful that the Lord has given her ultimate healing. And praying for you and all those that knew and loved her and will miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Trisha, your heart must be so very sad with loss, yet rejoicing over her triumphant meeting with the Lord Jesus Christ.

    I will certainly pray for her family, and I will pray for your heart, as well.

    God bless, and you are a beloved friend for caring so very much for her.

    ReplyDelete
  28. As I read your beautiful post on
    our beloved Michele, I cry with
    grief, but know my dear niece is in
    a better place now. She was so
    special to me. Michele and Trisha
    had a very special "bond" Thanking
    God for all the good memories and
    knowing she is no longer in pain.
    She is completely healed.
    HUGS,
    Memaw

    ReplyDelete
  29. I cried to read the news. What a beautiful day for Michele but I am so sad for those who must adjust to this earth without her. God's peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Trisha,

    I don't know how I missed this post! Forgive my late condonlences. I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for your heart as well as David and the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  31. How SAD I was to read this Trisha! As you may know, I am limiting computer time these days, so I only just read this now. I'm so sorry for you loss. I will be praying for her precious family...how MUCH they need the LORD's grace at this time! I know you are fully aware of that!! What a JOY to read that Michele is now with the LORD and that she is not in any more pain. She has seen our Precious Saviour and HE has welcomed her home! How wonderful that thought is! What a comfort to the grieving hearts!!

    Big ((HUGS)) to you this night my precious friend!

    Much Love,
    Camille xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Trisha, these posts have really
    touched and encouraged my heart. I found today very hard and I've just
    wanted to go to bed, cover my head and sleep.
    Thank you for the time you take to pay tribute to my beautiful daughter. I have the same picture you have on your blog posted on my refrigerator I have friends say you look like sisters when I show them the picture. Love,prayers and hugs are being sent to you, Auntie Marian

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...