Today was supposed to be our annual Family Photo and Picnic Day, but yesterday's rains made for muddy mountains, so we're hoping Monday will be better.
This is the mountain we see every time we look out our kitchen window. Last night, Whistler grabbed the camera to capture the clouds.
It's funny now to grab my camera and notice pictures that I know I didn't take. My daughter has caught the photography bug, and I have no desire to cure her. :)
It was rainy most of yesterday, and that's something to be very thankful for when you live in the desert!
This morning as I was feasting on the Word, I glanced up, looked back at my paper, and then realized there was SNOW on the mountain.
The cooler weather has arrived much earlier than I expected, and I'm surrounded by "fall and winter 2011" boxes. It seems like just yesterday that I switched out everyone's clothing.
But I'm thankful today for the quiet of the morning, surprise snow on the mountain, a fixed refrigerator (and clean floor behind it!), more lesson plans done, Psalm 78, no major changes in Michele's condition, encouraging words from so many of you, clean clothes, hot chocolate, and children who love books.
I'm also thankful for music that makes this cozy time of year even cozier. A few of our favorites are.....Ludovico Einaudi
North and South (Elizabeth Gaskell movie)
David Nevue
Fernando Ortega (all year favorite!)
Life is Beautiful soundtrack
Do you have music you especially love this time of year?
With love,





The pictures are BEAUTIFUL. Love
ReplyDeletethe snow. !!!! Of course I love
pictures of Emma, Ella Grace and
Luke. I continually pray for
Michele and David. I know God is
a merciful God and I'm expecting
a mirable on their behalf.
I know it's early,, but the kind of music I enjoy this time of year
is Christmas music. Can you believe that. ! ! ! !
HUGS,
memaw
I would say the music that most welcomes fall is classical music. We listen to all kinds of composers, and it seems that the classical just gets more prolific as the cold weather sets in for the next nine months. *grin* But fall is one of my very favorite seasons--it's so cozy.
ReplyDeleteI love you and am praying still,
Madison
*really softly*
ReplyDeleteyes, I love Christmas music. But I love it all year round. My family thinks I am crazy, but I do.
Hmm, I have found I like Hans Zimmers work (he does soundtracks), and Mannheim Steamroller.
Thanks for the recommendations!