I just got word from Michele's husband, David, that because Michele has continued to put on fluid through the night, she'll be put on dialysis.
My precious cousin HATES dialysis, and I know this is so distressing to her. Please pray for a calm spirit, for no infection from the surgery, and that this will be a temporary measure.
I can't thank you enough for reading these updates and continuing to pray. I know that our flesh often resists reading of the trials and heartaches of others. Satan wants to convince us we just need to focus on "happy" things and that our prayers won't matter.
BUT, they do!! Every prayer we offer is a gift to the person we're praying for. It's a display of our faith and trust in the ONE with whom nothing is impossible. It's a reminder that we are completely dependent upon Him for EVERYTHING.
And every time I see a words of encouragement from one of you, my heart is filled with joy. It's the best gift you could give us!
"We survive the package of pain God allows in our lives by remembering who God is and what He has done in the past. When "If Onlys" invade my mind, when anguish fills my heart, I return to one of my favorite psalms. It is a place where God has met me time after time. Read Psalm 77 and hear the psalmist's pain-drenced words: 'My soul refused to be comforted. I remembered You, O God, and I groaned;...and I was too troubled to speak. Has His unfailing love vanished forever? Has His promise failed for all time? Has God forgotten to be merciful?' (Psalm 77:2-4, 8-9).
These questions sound like my questions. But listen to how the psalmist's despair changes from pity to praise.
'I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember Your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all Your works and consider all Your mighty deeds. Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; You display Your power among the peoples. (Psalm 77:11-14).'
I will remember. This is a key to trusting God."
~Linda Dillow
I spent much time in Psalm 78 this weekend. What a powerful psalm that speaks of recounting God's faithfulness to generations to come. It reminds us of the dangers of forgetting God's marvelous works. It encourages our hearts as we read of God's power and glory. Yes, HE is the God we serve!
We must remember and encourage others who are in the midst of hard providences to remember. And when their memory fails, let us be instruments of holy declaration. Let us declare God's mighty works to them.
No matter what is falling apart around us, our God is true, and He keeps His promises. Please pray that my cousin and her family will know this in a most powerful way as they continue to walk through this valley.
I can't thank God enough for you and your prayers.
With love,


My friend, I'm in prayer for Michelle! Bringing to the Lord all you've asked...it's a privilege. Glad you had a wonderful weekend in CO! Long story short...we are battling hand, foot and mouth disease over here. So we are mindful all the more of those who need healing at this very time. Thank you for the updates on Michelle. Your persistent, hopeful spirit is contagious! Love you, dear friend.
ReplyDeleteThanks for keeping us updated, Trisha. Still praying.
ReplyDeletepraying for michelle! :)
ReplyDeleteThoughts and prayers for your dear Michele to our great God - our Savior and Redeemer. Prayers for healing but also for strength to bear and accept all that God sends. He bestows only what is good for his people.
ReplyDelete"Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him" Job
Hey, do all the mamas live in the mountains? Hello girls :-)
ReplyDeleteStill praying for Michele...may His peace just flood the hearts of these precious people.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry she has to endure dialysis, but also so happy that it is available.
ReplyDeleteTrisha
ReplyDeleteThank you for keeping us updated, will continue to keep you all in prayer..praying for healing and for peace
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you Isaiah 26:3
{{Hugs}}