Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Easy Hamburger Curry

"Savor the moments you spend at the table surrounded by 
people you love. Commit them to memory--
store them deep in your archives--so that you can 
relive them at will, because 
these special days are the jewels in life's crown."
~Doris Christopher

I can hear you now..."I needed something for dinner tonight, and this is perfect."

You're welcome. :)

The first time I used curry was for this meal. And that was just several months ago. This dish comes together quickly, and it's a favorite of even some of the pickiest eaters in the house. Serve over white or brown rice, and add Indian Fry Bread for a perfect meal.


Easy Hamburger Curry
Saute in skillet:
3 T. butter
1 c. chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced

Brown in same skillet:
1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
Drain off excess grease if needed.

Add in:
1 T. curry powder
1-1/2 tsp salt
dash each of: black or red pepper, cinnamon, ginger, tumeric
2 c. diced tomatoes, fresh or canned
2 c. diced potatoes
2 c. frozen green beans or English peas

Cover and simmer 25 minutes.
(from Martha's Family Cookery Book)


With love,
Trisha

**a dash is equal to 1/8 tsp.

6 comments:

  1. Easy and delicious? Now, that I can handle. Thank you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the only thing appetizing to me right now is potato salad (go figure), this actually looks yummy! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy-I have two picky eaters. I will have to try this and see if I get a thumbs up. :)
    Love you-hope you have a great day. Do you have the recipe for the bread too? :)
    Hugs
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...thank you! I am excited to give this a *go*!

    Love you!
    (Not just for the food, either...LOL)
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying this today Trisha! love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I do hope you like it, my friend. I love you, too!!

      Delete

Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...