Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Good Time to Use Your Cell Phone in Church


My children were aghast when they heard the click of my cell phone camera during worship. But I stand firm on my belief that this is one time it was justified. :)

Sometimes you have to put a fire under Christians to get them to lift their hands, yet our infants and children do so naturally. Does it not warm your heart to hear those little voices say "Amen" or watch them lift their hands to heaven? There are seeds being planted, and even now we're beholding the marvelous fruit.

"The Lord has today--I know not where--some little Luther on his mother's knee, some young Calvin learning in our Sunday school, some youthful Zwingli singing a hymn to Jesus."
~C.H. Spurgeon

22 comments:

  1. It's SO true Trisha! Our arms weigh 100 lbs each & they praise without being ashamed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, sweet Ashleigh. Our precious children are always teaching us something beautiful if we just pay attention. I hope your home-building is going well!

      Delete
  2. What a delight and encouragement to hear "Amen!" and "Thanks be to God" ring from your little children!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pastor. How blessed we are to have a Pastor who loves our children and delights in having them present during worship.

      Delete
  3. That's definitely worth breaking the rules for Trisha! So precious!
    And I love the Spurgeon quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that quote awesome? It reminds you of this wonderful privilege of motherhood. Wow!

      Delete
  4. Oh this just excites my spirit so much....isn't it so true, a child just knows to lift their hands in praise...no rules of to do it or not, they just naturally praise Him. Last night in our service I was lifting my hands in total abandonment before the Lord...guess who was watching me? Yes a pre-teen...sometimes we adults can also show the younger ones to once again enter a child's heart with our praise.
    Precious post..I was so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Janette! What an encouragement you must have been to that young one. Beautiful!

      Delete
  5. Great pic and worth the exception.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Persis. My children have forgiven me. LOL!

      Delete
  6. Little ones in our church will raise their hands and it's so sweet! Occasionally we will hear little "Amens" and that's just as precious! Our pastor loves kids and always makes a comment about hearing the little voices echoing throughout the sanctuary.

    I see nothing wrong with you taking a picture like that, so precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, it's wonderful to have a pastor who loves children. You are blessed!

      Delete
  7. Praise God-so precious!! Children know how to worship-they come before the throne with an open heart wanting to love and praise God for who he is-no questioning that. Thank you for sharing this. Made my heart smile.
    Love you
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Trisha, everytime I sign into your blog, I am so thrilled by the picture of your eight children on that fence. I know you'll have to change it someday, especially so the precious new baby boy can be included, but I SO LOVE this picture of 8 smiling faces!
    Love,
    Cousin Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Patty, I'm glad to hear that! The picture makes me happy every time I look at it, too. Love to you across these many miles!

      Delete
  9. As Pastor Brainerd said, it blesses my heart every time I hear a small child's voice say "Amen!" Or "Thanks be to God" during our worship. Today I could hear the Lord's Prayer spoken with more confidence and was thanking God for you and Ben faithfully teaching your little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev,
      Thank you for being an encouragement to me!

      Delete
  10. Oh that is so precious, it warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! I bet Sweet Baby has grown so much!

      Delete
  11. Yes, you were justified taking that picture in church. What a little darling he is, already lifting up those tiny hands in praise and worship to our wonderful Lord!
    Thank you for that beautiful card I received the other day, Trisha. It means so much to know you care and are remembering my son.
    Love you,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute quote and I LOVE that photo!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...