Thursday, October 13, 2011

And Baby Makes........

(I'm using Larri's "fact post" idea, but I don't think she'll mind.)


It's a fact that none of you thought I told Mountain Man we had won the lottery. It's a fact that y'all are a smart bunch, and I can't fool any of you.

It's a fact that we're expecting another blessing to grace our home next June.

It's a fact that after knowing the pain of miscarriage, I feel very vulnerable announcing a pregnancy. I know so well how quickly good news can turn to sad, and I know that every day this baby continues to grow is a miracle.

It's a fact that this is the earliest we've shared about being pregnant since I had my first miscarriages 7 years ago.

It's a fact that we prayed for this baby. We prayed and prayed and prayed.

It's a fact that I've never suffered from morning sickness.....but I've had a host of other complications to make up for it. :)

It's a fact that most of our family members think we're crazy and much of their congratulations are wrapped in skepticism and shaking heads and even a bit of scolding.

It's a fact that my heart is sad when others can't rejoice with us.

It's a fact that every family should have the JOY of having their pastor react as ours did when we announced the good news this past Sunday at church. His excitement blessed our hearts beyond words! I wish I could have had that moment on tape....just to play when we hear the negative comments or the silence.

It's a fact that while I rejoice, I'm profoundly aware of the aching, empty wombs in my midst. I'm aware of the Mommies who've just lost babies or who are still waiting for one or are past the time of ever having another one. I'm aware that my joy can often cause pain to the Mama who is in a different place. Oh, I'm so aware, and I've been in some of those places, and for those Mommies who read this and find their hearts aching, I'm so sorry, and I hug you in my heart and pray for God's comfort and grace to abound in you. Please don't think that my rejoicing means I'm indifferent to your hurting hearts.

It's a fact that I don't deserve this baby, and it's a fact that I'm humbled by God's kindness to us.

It's a fact that God gave us the best anniversary getaway present EVER. Can I tell you the thrill it was to tell my Mountain Man that we were having another baby?? Isn't God's timing AMAZING?

It's a fact that our children are delighted!

It's a fact that when asked by someone if I was "mildly excited, very excited, or tremendously excited," I replied, "When I found out, I fell to the floor and praised and worshipped God."

It's a fact that Michele found out we were having a baby before she died. It's a fact that she also knew that if our baby is a girl, her middle name will be Michele. It's a fact that Michele was happy for us, and I pray, happy to know how we would be honoring her.

It's a fact that this life growing in me is a great comfort and encouragement and blessing and gift and treasure in the midst of missing my Dad and Michele.

It's a fact that I'm so grateful and so in awe of God's mercies.

It's a fact that I took A LOT of pregnancy tests.

It's a fact that I'd love for you to pray for us and this precious new life being knit together. It's a fact that if you're happy for us, I'd LOVE for you to encourage my heart with good words.

It's a fact that I don't know what tomorrow will bring but that my heart is full of faith and gratitude, and I know that whatever God does, He'll give me a heart that will rejoice in His wisdom, even if it's a hard providence.

It's a fact that I've probably posted too many facts, and it's a fact that if you're still with me, you're AMAZING!

Thank you in advance for rejoicing with us. I'm so grateful to you all.

With love,



36 comments:

  1. Trisha, that is awesome!

    (I KNEW it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you! I wondered when you would be announcing a new little one. I only have 3, but I wouldn't have minded more. My husband doesn't feel the same as me about children, but I don't worry about that. God blessed us with three and that's good enough for me. Know that I'm praying for your family. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rejoice! Rejoice! and again I say, Rejoice!
    How absolutely perfect is God's timing. He takes one and new little one is made.
    Not only do I love the news this post delivered but I love the tender heart that remembered those in a different place who might be hurting. I remember when I lost my first born child, I was very happy when all my friends made the big announcement but my heart and arms ached. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our God is so faithful and true!! You are an amazing mama and God knows that-I thought this but when you said it probably wasn't what we were thinking I thought maybe not. I am so super excited for you and your hubby and sweet children and for this new blessing from God!!
    I promise you I will pray daily as God knits together this little one in your womb that he/she will be healthy and happy but most of all that one day he/she would give their heart to Jesus too.
    This is such great news my friend. What a wonderful way to start my day. There is no greater joy than the love of being a mama and the blessing that they are-I often feel unworthy of the 4 God has given me.
    I would have had bunches more had we gotten to start sooner.
    I am sorry that there are those that may not rejoice with this announcement-the world often does not understand when we do what God has called us to do. You are a wonderful mama and I am so happy for you-we are to rejoice with those that are rejoicing and weep with those that weep. I too have been there with the loss of 2 babies, one before our last at 14 weeks and it was so difficult, one of the hardest thing we ever walked through,but God made me so much stronger because of it and I have been able to be there for friends of mine that have had the same thing happen and I can understand their pain. You were so kind and gentle in you announcement for your news to those with hurting hearts. Just like I knew you would be and I pray that those who know you would rejoice and be happy for you and your family with this great news.
    I hope you are feeling well-I can't wait to follow the journey of this pregnancy too. Be blessed dear friend-such an awesome day. Blessed for sure by your news.
    Oh Happy Day!
    Congratulations to the whole family!!!!
    Love you-wish I was there to hug in person and give thanks for all He has done. One day~
    Hugs
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a fact that I have tears in my eyes and a big smile on my face as I rejoice with you, sweet friend!

    I love you so much and will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful, wonderful news, Trisha!!! Isn't God amazing! How gracious He is to give you this precious life in the midst of the losses you've suffered of late.

    Sending you lots of hugs, dear sis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS!!! I am not shouting, just rejoicing with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was my guess, Trisha. :)

    I'm praising God with you and your family!!! And praying for a safe and uneventful pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratuations Trisha, I think this is wonderful news and how kind of God to give you this blessing in the midst of your difficult days.
    Will be praying for a safe uneventful pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I knew it! Congratulations! Praise God that this new little life is entering into such a loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you. What a wonderful blessing.
    I've known the pain of miscarriage, and I know te anxiety of early pregnancy. I will be praying for you and this precious little one, dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO happy for you! Each precious little new life is a blessing, and more babies need to be born to families like yours. As the old saying goes, "May your tribe increase!"

    I'm rejoicing with you and sending up a prayer for a great, healthy pregnancy and uncomplicated delivery.
    Blessings!

    Cindy @ Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is there any better way to make disciples than life long ones. How precious and wonderful.
    Rejoicing with you and your family Trisha!
    God keep you safe,give your unexpected energy and meet your every need!
    His Blessings are Growing,
    Jojo

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are rejoicing with you all!
    We are also praying for you all!
    Much love and hugs!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  15. Trisha!! I am SO happy for you! I will be praying for you and your babe. What a blessing! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Big smiles coming from the Pacific Northwest! Such a humbling awesome blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't tell you enough how you all have blessed me this morning! Thank you for rejoicing with us. I'm so grateful for your good words. I think I'm going to print them out and post them around me!! :)

    May God bless you for your kindness and for taking the time to encourage your sister in Christ. Truly, I'm so grateful to each of you.

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, congratulations!!!!! I am SOOOOO excited for y'all!! :) (I knew it, though!!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These words of love and encouragement made me teary eyed. God is so good to surround us with people who love us and only want the best for us. I would print these out and save them for this little precious bundle of joy's baby book too-so one day he/she can look back and see just how much they were loved and prayed for before they even came into this world. :)
    I am still just so excited for you. You can keep track of everything in your joy journal. :)
    I love you friend. Praying a special blessing for you today.
    Love
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  20. Our Father is so good and wise. He
    knew you would need this precious
    little one just now. While I am so
    sorry about your loss of dear Michele,I rejoice with you at the news of a new life growing inside of you. Oh,just think! Another beautiful Poff baby to see pictures of and drool over!! I can hardly wait, Trisha! Praying for a good safe pregnancy,labor and delivery in the name of Jesus.
    Love & Prayers,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yes, I hope you received little
    Emma's bracelets by now.
    Love,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations, Trisha!!! I'm so excited for you. It's always a thrill to me when godly parents have more children. May the Kingdom keep expanding!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sooooo happy for you and your husband!! The precious gift of life. It never gets old or mundane but with each new sweet baby our appreciation and love for God just swells!!

    You are the picture of a lovely child of God.

    Praising the Lord with you ♥

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations!! I am praising God with you, & praying for you!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  25. What beautiful, wonderful news! My heart rejoices with you, even as it aches to be able to announce the same news! Thank you for your words to those of us who are hurting and waiting for our own babies - your thoughtfulness is so sweet and a real blessing to me.
    How excited you all must be - children truly are an amazing blessing.
    Praying for you and your new little one. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  26. PRECIOUS post my friend! And yes, I was still with you at the end...does that really make me AMAZING??!! LOL!!!!

    Much Love to you!
    Camille
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's a fact that you weren't fooling anyone with that sparkle in your eye!!! We're praising God with you all and couldn't be more excited for you! What a blessing! And I'm so glad that I got to see you walk into Chick-Fil-A all aglow, and yes, you are already glowing, friend. Just beautiful. Again, congratulations and I'm so glad I get to watch your belly grow!!! I sure love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It is a fact that as you were grieving over the loss of Ben's Dad, Jedediah came into being. Once again, as you are grieving over the loss of your own father, this new life was created. What a wonderful Father we have to bless you and Ben with such joy in the midst of your grief. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    LOVE,
    Cousin Patty
    from Richmond, VA

    ReplyDelete
  29. Boy, you had us stumped! ;) Over the moon for you, Trisha!!! I feel the same way with each of my pg's...one day at a time and I try to say "Lord-willing" when talking about baby related plans or arrivals. I've gone through 2 mc's as well, so (((HUGS))) to you!!

    YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations to you & your family Trisha! I am so happy for ya'll and your post made me smile the whole way through!

    But you've NEVER had morning sickness? And I've questioned for months the person who added "morning" to that description!

    I pray we'll all see a beautiful crying baby in June!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations my friend. No, you weren't fooling anyone. LOL. Praying for no complications....
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  32. Trish, congratulations to you and
    your family. I am so happy for you.
    You are the best Mom I know. I know
    God chose you to be this beautiful
    baby's family because He knows how
    much you count this baby a true blessing to your family. I'm being a little selfish wishing you to have a
    girl because Michele will feel so honored for your baby to be blessed
    with her middle name.I'm so happy for you and your family.I send big
    CONGRATULATIONS your woy.
    Hugs, Auntie Marian

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations! I knew that's what it was, and I rejoice and sing with you! Hugs and prayers to one I love so much!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Children are a blessing from the Lord, and what a privilege to be able to raise another little life for Him! Big congrats. Praying for a smooth and safe pregnancy for you, Trisha. Both of my sisters had two of their children very close together, and many people made unkind comments to them. I don't know why. What difference does it make? God gives life. Had I understood what joy my children would bring to me, I would have made different choices and tried to start my family right away. But with an older husband, his patience has reached its capacity with the little ones, so I know for us, it would not be wise to continue. I have peace about that, and have never asked God to change my husband's mind. (But I wouldn't protest if God were to give us number 4). What exciting news for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hahaha, I knew it! I am soo happy for you! I am glad you will have a baby to snuggle with as you are hurting with friend's loss. So happy.

    I love the fact "that I took A LOT of pregnancy tests."!

    I am glad you are having a baby, as I have had a craving for holding one. Can I come and snuggle after dear one is born? I will cook, clean, or play with littles in return!? :D

    Love you my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh congratulations!!! I could have written this post also..twice, once at age 42 and again at age 44! And now it seems so funny to be at the age where you can't have babies...and you wonder, where we suppose to have more? God plans out our family...for some it is few, for others a large abundance...each has their own story.

    Just rejoice!!! Miscarriages...been there three times, and each time we still announced that pregnancy and the one that followed.

    Praising God for your good news!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...