Saturday, October 8, 2011

Surrounded by Merry

Ink and I were running errands yesterday when I got a call from David. The news was heavy and hard. As I drove around I was praying and crying and praying and wondering. Thinking deeply about what is good and just and right and knowing that God is all of those things.

While walking out of a store, I told Ink what I wanted him to do if I was ever in the hospital and unresponsive. He told me I was being morbid. I insisted I was being realistic. He replied, "Realistic is crying. Telling me what you would want me to do  is morbid." Perhaps. But, I'm also the Mom whose older children know what hymns I want played at my funeral.

As we pulled up to a stop light, I caught a Daddy bending over to zip up his son's jacket. It wasn't the act itself that made me smile. It was how tenderly he did it. You could tell this father delighted in his son, and you could tell this wiggly, smiling boy loved his Daddy. It was beautiful. It was a grace note.

Then while we were in Costco, a little girl dressed in an airy white dress skipped right by me and ended her performance with a twirl and a big grin. How could I not smile?

Yesterday I spied the Littles enjoying their homemade see-saw. So simple, and yet, so merry.

I had to capture the joy.










These scenes were water in the desert.
Sunshine in the valley.
Merry in the heartache.

They were sweet reminders of the presence of the LORD, of His care and His compassion.

Because God pours out merry all around us. We just have to have eyes wide open, mouths ready to praise Him, and hearts eager to meditate on His mercies.


Thank you for your continued prayers for David and Michele. Michele is heavily sedated right now as the doctors focus on improving her heart and breathing issues. We wait and we pray and we hope!

With love,

12 comments:

  1. A very touching post. Gorgeous pictures of your precious girls.
    I actually don't think it is morbid to express to our families what our wishes are. Having been in that position I know that even though the telling and hearing is hard, it gives ones families somethng precious to share and discuss while we live. It will one day, on our death, give them reassurence in decision making and a special memory regarding us.
    God be with Michele and family tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am continuing to pray for Michele
    and David with open eyes, a praising
    mouth, and an eager and expecting
    heart living to meditate on all of
    His precious promises. And every
    one of those promises has Michele
    and David's name written above them.
    God is no respecter of persons and
    what He has done for others He will
    do for them. If His word is going to
    come to pass for anyone it is going
    to be them. Keep pressing in.
    Love & Prayers~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying, Trisha. "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post Trisha. I know these are hard days for you, but when you can see these grace notes as you have, it is even more evidence that the Holy Spirit is very present. He knows how your heart feels and what it needs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you when I don't visit. I'm reminded of that when I do visit...

    You remind me of one of my dearest friends. The way you write and present what you've written is a glimpse into a sweet soul. YOU are a breath of fresh air.

    I'm so sorry for the pain you are all experiencing~ those of you who love Michelle. I know that you know Who loves her more. And that He is the one directing her path... Such comfort to at least KNOW that. I'm praying with you.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family has such BEAUTIFUL smiles!!!

    Continuing to pray...(((HUGS)))

    I am feeling well...getting big and a bit more uncomfortable, but that is to be expected! I am fighting a bit of impatience (14 weeks left ;) ) but over all, good! Thank you for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice words. i don't think it's morbid at all.

    praying~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you and them, Mrs. Poff! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful post - and what precious smiles to cheer your heart!
    Praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos of your children. I don't know the details of your friend's medical issues, but I do pray for all involved to have the peace that passes all understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. MUCH Love to you my friend! Praying for Michele tonight. And...your children are Gorgeous!

    Have a wonderful week.
    Keep your eyes fixed on the LORD!

    Love,
    Camille xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying and trusting and praising with you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a gift! Thank you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...