"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good,
for His steadfast love endures forever!
Let the redeemed of the LORD say so,
whom He has redeemed from trouble."
~Psalm 107:1,2
I'm so thankful for....
Children who start the morning singing This Good Day.
Flexible sleeping positions
Yummy snickerdoodles. We loved this recipe:
2-2/3 c. all purpose flour
1 cup butter, softened
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1-1/4 c. sugar
**
2 T. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
In a large bowl, mix flour, butter, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, vanilla, eggs, and 1-1/4 c. sugar. Stir well until blended. Shape dough into a ball and cover with plastic wrap, chilling for two hours or until easy to handle. Mix together cinnamon and sugar (I used less cinnamon than recommended). Shape dough into 1-1/2 inch balls and dip in cinnamon sugar. Bake at 400 degrees on greased cookie sheets for 8-10 minutes.
**from Chickens in the Road
A house with many knights in shining armor, even itty bitty ones. (P.S. That sword weighs more than he does. :))
Whistler's love for sketching God's creation
Trees at the park to climb! Oh, how blessed you are if you have trees in your yard for climbing. :)
Precious bracelets for all of the Poff Girls, courtesy of my very thoughtful friend, Jill. I know it took so much time to make each one of these. And then, she included a joy journal, chocolate cookbook, and a letter I'll treasure always.
I'm also thankful for an encouraging letter from my friend, Camille, all the way from Canada. :) She even included a tea bag for me to enjoy. Good words and tea? What a perfect combination.
Both of these friends invested time in me. Time to write. Time to create. Time to mail me a blessing, and these gifts came the week before the darkness fell. God's timing is perfect.
I'm thankful for the truth of His Word and for these trials that make us more like Jesus.
I'm thankful we finally caught a renegade mouse that grew fat on our stores
of food for over a month. Dead. Very dead. :)
I'm thankful that Michele's "Celebration Service" took place on Tuesday. It felt like another loss in not being able to attend, but I'm thankful for the time I had with her in Utah.
And I know you're probably weary of hearing it, but I'm so thankful for your prayers and your kind words. You'll simply never know how you have encouraged my heart!!
Is it not humbling to reflect on your mercies, knowing you deserve not even one of them, and yet, God continues to daily pour out more than you could ever count? Truly, it brings me to my knees and to tears.
I pray that no matter how dark your road right now, God would bless you with many reminders of His goodness to you. I pray He would give you glimpses of His joy in the midst of your heartaches and that you would soon find your groanings mixed with rejoicing.
"Thankless children we all are, more or less, comprehending but dimly the truth of God's fathomless love for us."
~Elisabeth Elliot
With love,









Isn't it great to stop and notice all the little things the Lord has given us?! I need to do that today...just battling hip/pelvic pain and in the midst of potty training ;)...
ReplyDeleteThank you!
PS - We LOVE snickerdoodles around here!
His mercies abound even in our dark times. Continuing to pray for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the snickerdoodle recipe. It looks delicious.
I am so glad that the Poff girls like their bracelets. It was my privilege to make them. I prayed for each of you and your precious hearts as I made each one-every time you all wear them I hope you know that You All are loved and being prayed for. When I come to visit one day I will let you make me something from the chocolate cook book. :)
ReplyDeleteLoved the photos-the one of the baby sleeping on the couch just made me giggle-that is too cute. I have one of my Derek at about 2 or 3 standing in the front window of our home in AR next to a toy box and he fell asleep standing-leaning on that box. He ended up sliding to his knees and slept like that for a long time. I have photos-I will have to share those at some point. It cracks me up whenever I look at them-that and every child has fallen asleep in the highchair at some point at dinner. Those always make me laugh too.
Praying for a week where God reveals himself to you through many blessings dear friend. Cling to my favorite verse today. Jer 29:11-13
Love you-thank you for being so kind to mention me in your post-it made me smile-my only wish is that I could have delivered them in person instead. :)
Loving you-praying for you-Happy Thursday!!
Love
Jill
You take such beautiful pictures!! Seriously, your children are such little dolls. I love the one of the little one in a chair...just priceless...I would frame it. Snickerdoodles are a definite favorite around here! Hope you have a blessed day! HUGS
ReplyDeleteThank you for the beautiful post.
ReplyDeleteSo thankful for Jill and Camille
who brighten your life. Love the
pictures. I'll enjoy those delicious cookies while I visit you
in December !!!! I wonder how long
Jedediah slept in that position.
God has blessed me with all those
beautiful grandchildren. I'm so
thankful for each one of them. You're continually in my prayers.
HUGS,
memaw
great post! thanks for sharing loves from holland..shalom!
ReplyDelete"Only God" - amen! His goodness and mercy and love...
ReplyDeleteOh, and that 'flexible sleeping position' WOW! Your photo made me smile.
When children are reflective, as Whistler's sketching photo, there is something so captivating about it. She looks so intent on what she is creating. Isn't God good to send us a little sunshine before the storm, so those rays can peek through? God's timing IS perfect, and I'm so glad He put you on the hearts of those friends. Oh, and snickerdoodles, YUM!
ReplyDeleteSweet words, my friend. It's lovely to hear you praise God in the midst of all this. And you are blessed with some precious friends. It's lovely to be loved by other women of the Lord. And just pondering out loud here...how the darkest moments and the utmost joy in the Lord both bring us to our knees. I think it's a God-given reflex; maybe as a reminder that He gives us the posture to pray and praise Him first.
ReplyDeleteI love you, friend.
Just checking out some of your archives and find that you mentioned me in this post...and I missed it! I'm sure that was a good thing as pride can swell in this heart of mine so quickly. I am thankful for YOU! MUCH love to you and yours this Christmas my friend...MANY months after this post was written. You bless my heart with your words of praise for our Saviour and the ways HE blesses you...the LORD is Good!
ReplyDeleteWith Love,
Camille