I've somehow settled into a routine of trying a new recipe on Sunday evenings. This week's experiment was an oven omelet. I think this makes an especially hearty offering for a "breakfast for dinner" meal. Add a side of french toast, and your family will call you a genius. :)
Of course, everyone is different. That's the beauty of recipes...we can make 'em into what works best for our family. Even those children of mine who can't imagine salsa combined with eggs enjoyed this and had to admit they'd eat it again.
Oven Omelet
1/8 c. butter, melted
9 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. sour cream
1 tsp. salt
1/2 lb. sausage, cooked and drained
salsa to cover bottom of pan
1 c. cheddar cheese
Melt butter and pour in bottom of 8x8 pan. Top with cooked sausage and salsa.
Beat eggs, milk, sour cream, and salt until smooth, then adding cheese to mixture. Pour into pan over sausage and salsa. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for approx. 50-60 minutes. Let stand 5 min. before cutting.
Instead of sausage, you could add cooked bacon and onions to the bottom with the salsa. You can also switch up the cheeses, adding part swiss and part cheddar or whatever suits your fancy. This recipe can also be doubled and baked in a 13x9 for about 30-35 minutes.
Enjoy!
Making Your Home an Oasis
3 years ago


Looks great, Trisha! I love egg casseroles..thanks for a new recipe I am going to try!
ReplyDeleteGod bless!
Thanks for sharing your recipe, Trisha. I love comfort food.
ReplyDeletehmm...kinda like a breakfast casserole without the bread..sounds really good!! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks delicious!
ReplyDeleteI did this the other night, called it a "Frittata" to be extra fancy:)
ReplyDeleteIt went over with about half the crowd, the other half thought that cheese in eggs was gross...weirdos!:P
We have breakfast at church in SS class this Sunday-I think I will make this yummy recipe and take it. I will have to let you know how it turns out.
ReplyDeleteLove you
Looks delicious, but not something
ReplyDeleteI would make for myself. Just another recipe you will need to make when I'm with you over Christmas. Goodness, I don't think
you will ever be able to leave the kitchen. (LOL)
HUGS,
MOM
Just jumped here from your LinkWithin and think it sounds yummy. I'm going to give this a try. Thank you! XOXO
ReplyDelete