~Listen to Christmas music while decorating the house and setting up nativity displays
~Enjoy Advent stories and readings
~Spend time with your children and grandchildren, making wonderful memories
~Delight in the beautiful lights of Christmas
~Read the Christmas Story on Christmas morning
~Visit relatives on Christmas Day, especially those you don't see very much during the year
~Make gingerbread and sugar cookies while eating much of the dough!
~Play carols together with your family and reread great books in front of the fire
~Have a snowball fight and play a long game of Monopoly when you come in from the cold!
~Enjoy a shopping spree with the whole family for last minute stocking stuffers--try to hide your carts from each other and keep everything a secret
~Watch "It's A Wonderful Life" on Christmas Eve
~Re-cap the past year on New Year's Day, reflecting on new people in your lives, books you've read, and goals for the New Year--write it all down!
~Make yummy warm/wintry foods and enjoy decorating the holiday table with read and green
~Shop on Christmas Eve and do a little impulse shopping
~Enjoy Applesauce Cake and Eggnog
~Chop down your very own Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving Day, talking and singing along the way
~Play Christmas music on your instruments and look for new arrangements to enjoy
~Listen to the "12 Voices of Christmas" at www.backtothebible.org/index/php/The-Twelve-Voices-of-Christmas.html
~Have an "appetizer meal" on Christmas Eve, enjoying everyone's favorites while eating on special Christmas paper plates
We'll be adding a few of these to our own celebrations. Thank you for the wonderful ideas! And now, what you've been patiently waiting for.........
The winner is.........
our only male participant....
CURTIS SPENCER!
(I think Boo expects a hug when you come home for Christmas!)
Ok, Curtis, let us know what you'd like for your prize.....Congratulations!!
Love to all of you,
The Poff Clan
Yay! CURTIS!!! Congratulations big bro! Great pick Boo =)
ReplyDeleteNo way...
ReplyDeleteThat's crazy. I wasn't expecting that I would get picked! Boo can certainly have a hug.
I have to say that the contest was a great idea. I liked reading about other families' traditions.
Now to decide what I want... Hey, maybe I'll get more Christmas music...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Curtis!!!
ReplyDeleteThat was so fun Poffs! Thanks for doing that...I got some fun, new ideas!!
Michele :)
YEAH!! Way to go Curtis! Hmm, wonder what you will pick!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for doing this Poff Clan! It was lots of fun waiting to see who it was that won!! :-)
I hope we can see you all soon!!
Love you all!
Sarah