This has been on my list to buy for the Littles, and I'm glad I finally did. Boo has really enjoyed this mat, and she has been very gracious in sharing with Little Bit. Mountain Man bought another pen for it so they can use it together. (however, we're having to teach Little Bit that the she is supposed to draw with the pen, not drink the water from it!)
This has been in Reaches Up's hands almost non-stop since he opened it. What 6 year old boy doesn't want to be a spy? The briefcase even shoots darts from the side. So cool!
Reaches Up also loves his new apron, which our dear friend, Caity, so kindly embroidered for us with the title, "Chef Luke." He can't wait to get cookin' with Daddy!
Mountain Man with one of his princesses, dear Whistler.
Here Little Bit demonstrates her fine ability to open gifts.
She was delighted to receive her own doll, a 12" Corolle, which is known for its wonderful vanilla scent. Some of the young men in the house think we have too many of these....
Whistler loved receiving this first book of sewing called See and Sew. It is beautifully detailed, teaching hand stitching first. Mommy will be learning right along with her. :)
I was thrilled to open this present...a bread machine. Our family easily consumes a loaf of bread in one sitting, so it will be nice to toss in the ingredients and have a fresh loaf of bread in a few hours.
As you can see by Little Big Man's expression above, the big surprise was ipods.Mountain Man, Scribe, and Little Big Man all received one. (Little Big Man inherited Daddy's old one.) Scribe had the shuffle, and he's done a great job of managing his time with it, so we decided to give him one that actually has a screen. :) The ipods come with a couple of conditions....they'll be used to listen to books and teaching CDs and sermons, etc. as well as the music, and they cannot at any time become divisive...in other words, you can't use them to separate from or tune out the family.
A couple of Mountain Man's favorite gifts were this music stand and a guitar stand. Here Little Bit tries to show Daddy how to set it up. :)
So easy to please, Mountain Man loved his new coffee mug. However, it's such a great design that now all the members of the "Saturday Morning Coffee Club" are asking for one.
One of the most favorite family gifts the children received was the classic Twister game, given to them by their Aunt Krista. It has provided much laughter and fun, and you'll be surprised to know that even Queen Mom, at 7-1/2 months pregnant, played a round of this and actually WON! :) If I can do it, ANYONE can play!
Alas, today finds many of us not feeling so well, so it will be spent resting, taking vitamin C, enjoying peroxide in the ears (it really does work!), and praying that this will be a very short-lived illness!
Love to you all,
Queen Mom
Wow, sounds like you all had a very nice Christmas! All those gifts look so neat and wonderful! I am sure that you will love that bread machine, Mrs. Poff! :)
ReplyDeleteThose ipods look neat too!! you will have to come over sometime to show us how to use ours! We have won a couple and can't figure them out! ;)
Happy new year to you all!
Love and miss you,
Sarah
Thanks so much for sharing all the
ReplyDeletepictures and gifts. It means a lot to memaw when I can view your pictures and comments. Looks like everyone had a great time.God bless each and every one of you in the coming year.
Lots of love and hugs sent your way.
MEMAW
Thanks for sharing your Christmas Day pictures. It looked like a good time was had by all. Even though I haven't had the opportunity to visit you in quite sometime, your blog helps me stay
ReplyDeleteconnected and that means a lot. Thanks so much for taking the time to keep us informed thru your blog. I hope everyone will be feeling better soon. God bless you all and may He keep you in His tender loving care.
Trish, I know you and your family
will enjoy your new bread machine. I've always said I would like to have one but I like bread too much to have good, warm, fresh bread at my house. I would definitely have a hugh weight problem.
Love you all! Hugs, auntie marian
house.
Hugs, auntie marian