The children were excited to wake up and find snow on the ground yesterday morning. They were even more excited when Mommy said they could go out and play after breakfast! Scribe took Little Bit out to let her taste the snow and put her little tootsies in it, too.
Here Reaches Up and Little Big Man enjoy throwing snowballs.
Even Boo got out there and played with the rest of them, amazingly managing to keep her dress dry the entire time!
The children attempted to build a snow fort a block at a time, as Little Big Man shows you here. But, there just wasn't enough snow, though it was lots of fun trying.
One of our favorite winter treats to make is snow cream. Scribe decided he'd do something a little different for everyone and make snow-cream shakes instead. Everyone loved them...
even though they had to share.:)
Finally, the children tried their hand at paper snowflakes. Surprisingly, it's not something we do every year, so it was a bit of an adventure. We pasted them to the dining room windows, and they look lovely, especially when the sunlight shines through.
Beautiful snow....playful children...great memories.
Thanks for the pictures, Queen Mom.
ReplyDeleteWish I could have been there to watch, not outside, though. I bet the shakes were delicious. When the
kids were little and we happened to have some snow, I loved going out to pick up some CLEAN snow and make snow cream. Scribe, you are so
creative. Love and miss you.
MOM/MEMAW
Love the pictures. The children look like they are having a good
ReplyDeletetime. I haven't had snow cream in years. But I never could make any that tasted good. Trish, I hope your pain is improving and that
you will be painfree soon.
I love you all.
Hugs, Auntie Marian
How fun! :) There's not much that compares to the words...."snow day"!
ReplyDeleteLove you all!
Michele :)
Dear Aunt Trisha,
ReplyDeleteIt looks like they had so much fun. I remember trying to build snow forts too, but they never got much higher than knee-high. There's just not enough snow! Snowball men and snowball fights are easier. And you'll have to reteach me how to make paper snowflakes. I learned once, but have forgotten.
Love Medora
Great idea to turn snow ice cream into shakes Scribe! I'll have to try that sometime. Sounds yummy. I have always enjoyed the ice cream.
ReplyDeleteThe pictures look like great fun and the snowflakes are beautiful!
How fun!! We are going to have to come over so we can play in the snow and try those yummy looking shakes!!
ReplyDeleteGlad everyone is enjoying the snow!!
I am listening to your great selection of music while I wash dishes!! :) Thanks for putting that on!!
Love you!
Sarah
Trisha, what fun! I'd love to know exactly how you make your snow cream. We love to go outside and eat the snow plain, but I'd love to know how to make the cream and shakes.
ReplyDelete